What is this Citycom worth?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Re: What is this Citycom worth?

Post by Drago »

anonstarter wrote:
Drago wrote:What sort of price are you wanting for the Citycom? Will the topbox in some pictures be included?
I'm tempted to list it at £1500 with no reserve and hope that 2 people want it! The top box and summer wind screen would go with it too. Are you tempted Drago? ;)
I am and also am not if you catch my drift. I've being going on longer journeys to Paignton & Exmoor Zoo's (45 & 62 miles each way respectively) lately which involve half A-road and half m-way/dual carriageways. As you know the roads around here and most the country I suppose aren't of the best quality. My GTS's suspension goes nuts on some of the A-roads and it hates the wind! It's wheels are also small and thin Fr- 110/90-13 r- 130/70-13. Which don't help with stabilty, especially on really bad surfaces or at m-way speeds. Also it's quite hilly on the 62mile journey and the GTS can struggle to do more than 60 up these hills. As it's peak torque is at 5500rpm (about 50-55mph) it starts to loose it's 'pull' which on a steep hill which doesn't help. Whilst on the 45mile journey I arrive quite comfortable the 62 one my legs and body starts to ache after 50miles, mainly due to very the bad roads on that journey and the GTS's suspension.

I have been thinking of getting a 2nd hand Tmax or SIlverwing to do these journeys - well my heart is anyway. But then I think these scooters will drink nearly twice the fuel, cost more to tax and insure. But then it's easier to get parts for them for DIY servcing as opposed to a SYM Maxi. I do want to do more even longer journeys in the future.

I have thought of getting a citycom before I suppose it's bigger wheels will improve the stabilty and help out on bumpy roads. Plus it has a little more torque than the GTS, but pretty much the same top speed. It's brakes are bigger, easier to get to but then aren't linked - which has it's benefits and negatives. The only other thing that puts me off is it's smaller storage, but a top box can fix that. It weighs a little more, though that'll help with stability I suppose plus it doesn't have fog lights and the tank is 2L smaller than the GTS.

My head is shouting yes... but my heart is saying no...
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Drago wrote:My head is shouting yes... but my heart is saying no...
and my kiddleys are shouting "stop hitting those feckin pot holes"
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

A dilemma I share - I've just spotted this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171027510922? ... 26_rdc%3D1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any chance you could make it to Pikey's trip to Exeter Morrisions for breakfast on the 6th May? http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... er#p171368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm going - assuming I don't get an offer beforehand that I can't refuse - you can see it in the 'metal' then.
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

anonstarter wrote:A dilemma I share - I've just spotted this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171027510922? ... 26_rdc%3D1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any chance you could make it to Pikey's trip to Exeter Morrisions for breakfast on the 6th May? http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... er#p171368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm going - assuming I don't get an offer beforehand that I can't refuse - you can see it in the 'metal' then.
I'm working that day, would of gone as it's only around half an hour away from me.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

The 25x22 x 17g Dr Pulleys have been put in and even though they're slightly lighter than stock it has made quite a difference!
A combination of a damn good clean, a bit of sanding, a new Mitsuboshi belt and lighter rollers has made it feel blatantly quicker than it's ever been! icon_maxi_scoot.gif
I'm in less of a rush to sell it now! ;)
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.