New C 600 Sport Fork seal failure

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: New C 600 Sport Fork seal failure

Post by MrGrumpy »

DougL wrote:I really don't fancy going sideways down the road or having the back end stepping out :lol:
Wimp!! As am I....

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

MrGrumpy wrote:
Wimp!! As am I....

Oh yeah. I decided to take the TMAX up a muddy track once and within a millisecond of opening the throttle, I was lying on my side in said mud. No damage to the scoot, only to my pride...

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

It does have a kind of traction control . Maybe its a new thing but Gunning it on my gravel drive power was cutting in and out . Tinternet search say's it does though not mentioned in the handbook . It is an exceptional Scoot . Easy to work on and the battery is 3 screws away to fit the optimate . Very happy with it :mrgreen:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxrobbo wrote:It does have a kind of traction control . Maybe its a new thing but Gunning it on my gravel drive power was cutting in and out . Tinternet search say's it does though not mentioned in the handbook .
I once found that the CVT can have the affect of a rudimentary traction control....I found this out when I found myself climbing an entirely ice covered steep hill on a Tmax. I was so panic stricken that I didn't dare move any control and found that the CVT kept adjusting the drive ratio as it found and lost traction, meaning that progress was maintained! Nearly had a heart attack afterwards of course....

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

When I gunned my T Max on gravel the back wheel just spun , and could do power slides in the wet . Not possible on the C600