Hello! I need a scooter again....

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
londonjas
Current Ride: None

Hello! I need a scooter again....

Post by londonjas »

Hi everyone

I am in the process of looking for a scooter again, and decided to join the forum to hear what existing owners think, get back on two wheels, and hopefully share some useful (and not so useful) views.

My scooter history is reasonably long and varied, from the much missed FXR 180 Runner, through a couple of VXR 200s via a few distractions that are better left unmentioned, but now I am ready for something bigger. Could be an age thing, but I find storage and comfort really exciting.

londonjas

EastAnglian
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 S-Wing 125

Re: Hello! I need a scooter again....

Post by EastAnglian »

What sort of tasks do you want the scooter to do? Commuting, touring, leisure or shopping etc?
Travelling at several WTF's a minute

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

Hello and welcome. I have a 2008 Burgman 400 currently for sale if you are interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300885992012? ... 1586.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1017189432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

londonjas

Post by londonjas »

EastAnglian wrote:What sort of tasks do you want the scooter to do? Commuting, touring, leisure or shopping etc?
A mixture of leisure and commuting - from west London into central London a few days a week (10 miles each way), and general local riding. I have been looking at the Piaggio Beverley 350, and the X-MAX 250 (and possibly the 400).

londonjas

Post by londonjas »

bornagainbiker wrote:Hello and welcome. I have a 2008 Burgman 400 currently for sale if you are interested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300885992012? ... 1586.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1017189432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi

Thank you for the link, at the moment the Burgman feels a little big for my commute (but I haven't ridden one, so could be wide of the mark here).

frankiej1949
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by frankiej1949 »

Hi londonjas
I have a 7 month old Piaggio X10 for sale.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

I went from a Pug Speedfight II as my first scooter for 35 round trip commuting duties to Central London (while I had a Yamaha FZR1000 Exup...) Crashed the Pug back in '04, It's still in the garage hiding under a blanket!
Then came a Gilly VXR200 (Exup was sold and I bought a CCM R30 Supermoto) lasted 5 years, 'till a rotted 'zorst, broken shock, worn swing bushes etc etc got the better of it...
in '09 I got a great price on a Yam XMax250, and PX-ed the Gilly... (Still got the CCM for the odd weekend ride down the lanes)

Then again it says all that in my profile signature...

Likes my XMax, would love a T-Max, but £$ is outa my league, next may well be a Vespa GTS300... possibly/probably in Orange....

londonjas

Post by londonjas »

frankiej1949 wrote:Hi londonjas
I have a 7 month old Piaggio X10 for sale.

Hi frankiej

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll go an have a look at the X10 at my local Piaggio dealer, it does look about the same size as the Burgman though.

londonjas

Post by londonjas »

XMax250Paul wrote:I went from a Pug Speedfight II as my first scooter for 35 round trip commuting duties to Central London (while I had a Yamaha FZR1000 Exup...) Crashed the Pug back in '04, It's still in the garage hiding under a blanket!
Then came a Gilly VXR200 (Exup was sold and I bought a CCM R30 Supermoto) lasted 5 years, 'till a rotted 'zorst, broken shock, worn swing bushes etc etc got the better of it...
in '09 I got a great price on a Yam XMax250, and PX-ed the Gilly... (Still got the CCM for the odd weekend ride down the lanes)

Then again it says all that in my profile signature...

Likes my XMax, would love a T-Max, but £$ is outa my league, next may well be a Vespa GTS300... possibly/probably in Orange....
The Vespa GTS300 is lovely in Orange - I'll almost bought one but the storage was a bit of a let down, and I don't really like those strange plastic lunchboxes that are popular on the back of bikes.

Rode a CCM once (cannot remember which variety) and though it was fantastic.

EastAnglian
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400 S-Wing 125

Post by EastAnglian »

I got an s-wing for sale, perfect for use in london with a bit of comfort, also that beverley I'd suggest as a good scooter to look at, but not great for leisure trips as it hasn't much storage space, maybe try a sym gts200
Travelling at several WTF's a minute