max sym 400i

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: max sym 400i

Post by R1K SU »

I found the Sym 600 , looks a little different than I thought it would though ?? lol, maybe cos its the LE model

http://www.naxtermotors.gr/index.php?ac ... ductId=848
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

does anyone know why they would opt for 120/70-15 56S front and 160/60-14 65H on the Maxsym 400i
i cant see why they would opt for s rated speed tyre on front and a H rated for rear

owning the nexus they are both H rated , when i look at buying tyres for the front, i notice i could get an s rated tyre for £55 instead of paying £100 for the H rated... not fair :D

s rating is 112mph and h being 130mph i dont get to go over 70 :D so why, and can the proud owners confirm with there own tyres please
:) :) :) :)
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Possibly down to what's available, does an S-rated rear tyre that size exist?

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

charles1976 wrote:Looks fab in white..really comfy backrest and seat and easy rear suspension adjustment
Charles have you left the setting at the defualt 3?
Maximum respect

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

Charles what are your rear shocks set up on. The hand book says they are set to 3 at the factory. However when I had a close look at mine they were set to 1, the marker is the little arrow on the end of the axal nut. I then looked on line and saw that owners in Singapore were complaing that their new 400's were also set to 1. I changed mine to 3 this morning and am pleased, its a little less bouncy and the steering seems even more sure footed. Rob
Maximum respect

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Will have a check and let you know rob..there awkward to adjust..

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

no easy. you will see the little arrow on the just turn then clockwise, twi clicks if they are on 1 to get to 3
Maximum respect

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

Just discovered the the drivers backrest is adjustable (no mention in handbook). So I have put it on its longest setting making the large seat even larger and even more comfortable for my long legs, this scoot just keeps getting better. Since there was no mention of this in the handbook I have written to SYM HQ asking if the screen is adjustable and how it is done. Will keep you all posted.
Maximum respect

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

Good news, following yesterdays success at adjusting the drivers backrest (no thanks to the handbook) I decided to investigate the windshield. Yes it can be raised by about 2.5 inches, and its a dead easy job taking about 10 minutes.

At the bottom of the front black frame are two small screws, remove them. Carefully push the frame down and it will unclip and pull away. Be careful there are some small screws which hold the shield to the back section of the frame, you dont need to touch these but some of mine were loose (in fact one fell out) so you can take the opportunity to check them. You will see that the whole screen is held in place by three bolts each side. There are also some empty additional holes in the screen ,these are what you will use to fix it in the higher position. Undo the bolts and lift off the screen. Tip, take it in doors and lay it on the sofa because you need to push out the metal linings and rubber grommets from the holes that have been in use and put them into the ones you are going to use. A simple job with a screwdriver but you dont want to scratch your screen. So having changed the bolt holes over you just bolt it into place and hey presto one raised screen (that 2.5 inches makes a lot of difference, size does matter). Clip the lower black frame back on and secure with the screws and give yourself a pat on the back.
Maximum respect

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

Ok screen done so been out for a run in the wind and rain (well it is summer). Took it up to 70mph on the motorway, far less buffering and improved weather protection. This coupled with increasing the preload on the rear suspension as given the scoot a bike feel. One happy bunny here, anybody thinking of moving from bikes to scooters should definatly have this model on their short list.
Maximum respect