It's about time for another.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
macamxthe1st
Current Ride: 2019 Burgman 400

It's about time for another.

Post by macamxthe1st »

Sold the Burgman last year and bought another Bonneville in January. Love the Bonnie but really miss the comfort, convenience, economy and just all round useabillity of the Burgman (400). Gave serious consideration to the "New" 650 but dropped the idea due to many reasons not least of all cost. What I have noticed is that I would go out for the day on the Burgman and ride for 300 + miles whereas on the Bonneville a day out would be say 120 miles and that would be enough. Will wait till latter in the year to see if there is a model update hopefully fixing the clutch problem which was about the only "gripe" I had with the Burgman. If anyone has any info on an update I would be grateful.

Geoff.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: It's about time for another.

Post by Data »

I don't think the new 400 will be out until next year from what was indicated to me by Suzi. He didn't officially confirm it either way because they are not allowed to comment on new models until the manufacturer goes live with the info. At the time they hadn't. However, when I enquired which was sometime ago, he did confirm that the new 650 would be out spring this year (he was correct) and that a new 400 would follow...probably a year or so after the 650. This has been said too by Suzuk France in a press statement. Don't have a link though but I did see it reported in Visor down.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

macamxthe1st
Current Ride: 2019 Burgman 400

Re: It's about time for another.

Post by macamxthe1st »

Thanks, that's about what I have gleaned. Will wait till Sept/Oct before buying.

Geoff.