I'm a Burgman owner as well!

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

I'm a Burgman owner as well!

Post by Drago »

Today I picked up a Burgman 400.

It's a K3 model - first year with injection, single disk, 385cc etc.

It's done 10,000 miles, has heated grips, 46L Givi topbox, some service history, including a recent major one
costing nearly £600! It was in quite good nick, though there is rust here and there plus some scrapes.
But then it is nearly 10 years old.

MOT and Tax until feb/march next year and it cost me a whopping £1200! Quite good considering even older
carb models go for more than that! The current owner brought it to commute on instead of his BMW bike but he
didn't like the 'feel' of the scooter. The previous owner before him had stored the bike for two years then done the major
services before selling it on.

Now hopefully it will be reliable, time will tell.

I rode it home 45miles, on dual carriageway & A-roads. I was impressed with it's performance and comfort. The really low seat does feel odd though, I'm quite short so it's handy for putting my feet down, but it is harder to look over cars. I also found the clutch to be a bit... 'grabby'. I'd twist the throttle and it'll rev up then just burst forwards suddenly!

I've still got my SYM GTS 250, the B400 is going to used for longer trips and shopping trips. Try to get some pics up soon.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Re: I'm a Burgman owner as well!

Post by victor »

congrats on your new purchase i hope it serves you well in the future and hope you get a grin factor when riding it

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Well done Drago. You won' be sorry I'm sure. Maybe sounds like your clutch needs a clean out and deglaze if it's "grabbing" like that. It's probably never been done if it's only got 10k on it. It's very very easy to do and once done they are super smooth.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

pikey

Post by pikey »

The older engine is a bit like that and bit vibey till gets going they dont call single cylinder engines thumpers for nothing .Mines up to 34K miles now main thing is keep check on oil especially after your fast motorway runs as no oil pressure light and they spit oil into oil box when thrashed apart from that no problems engine wise

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

pikey wrote:The older engine is a bit like that and bit vibey till gets going they dont call single cylinder engines thumpers for nothing .Mines up to 34K miles now main thing is keep check on oil especially after your fast motorway runs as no oil pressure light and they spit oil into oil box when thrashed apart from that no problems engine wise
I checked the oil level today to find it a third of the way up the measuring part of the dipstick. The guy I brought it off said he'd done an oil change recently so either he hadn't filled it up enough or the burgman has drunk the rest of the oil in a few hundred miles. The fuel guage is a bit... inaccurate. It was just on the red part, so I filled up just in case and could only get 7.8L in to the 13L tank!

My one has also been modified. It has a switch on the middle of the handlebars that turns the lights on/off. I'm pretty sure the lights normally stay on and can't be turned off? Also it had after market mirrors attached to the front fairing. These were sh!t! They gave me poor vision, they moved when riding and just looked bloody awful. I've brought some mirrors to put back on the handlebars. But now I have two ugly fixture points left on the front fairing - It looks like they are drilled and bolted on.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

pikey

Post by pikey »

Standard mirrors are very good on old burgers just keep eye on oil for what you paid bit of oil is nothing put a couple of stickers over the holes or hiviz dots .Fuel gauge better to be that way than other

rapidrider
Current Ride: Burgman 400 L2

Post by rapidrider »

Welcome Drago, from a Dorset 400 Burgman rider. They're great bikes & I'm sure you'll find it a superb ride