TMAX 530 + Picos de Europa + Sunshine = Heaven

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
abitmad

Re: TMAX 530 + Picos de Europa + Sunshine = Heaven

Post by abitmad »

Interesting report Jedburgh for a great trip. I'd consider getting a TMax myself in future though the lack of ABS puts me off a bit. Does that bother you at all? I have it on my current ride and although I don't think it has ever cut in on the Bev, I find it reassuring to know it's there should I have to do an emergency stop, especially on a wet road.

One small technical board matter. On my computer, don't know about anyone else, your user photo obscures part of your text in every message of yours. Does anyone know if anything can be done about it?

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Yes, its cause it too wide. The admin settings should stop anything over 100px wide.

On the phone/tablet this overlaps as you say. I looked at the admin settings and all I could see what to delete the avatar which is drastic. Maybe funkycowie knows a way of re-sizing it.

Or Jedburgh, could you please upload a smaller avatar?
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

SoloSzabi
Current Ride: Tmax Mk2

Post by SoloSzabi »

Jedburgh, could you give me some rough idea about the ferry tickets cost?
Are we there yet?

Jedburgh
Current Ride: Tmax 530

Post by Jedburgh »

Depends on crossings, times of year, etc and this year we included the hotel which carries a substantial discount if you stay in a Brittany Ferries Hotel for at least 4 nights (can be different hotels), best punch your details into http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it will give you the costs. Unfortunately only Brittany Ferries do the Spain run now P&O used to do Portsmouth - Bilbao but stopped a couple of years back. Brittany ferries still good though and they have a lot of hotels now to choose from.

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

this is the kind of roads in the picos
http://s152.photobucket.com/user/terryv ... 3.mp4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look out for the cows

http://s152.photobucket.com/user/terryv ... s.mp4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

Jedburgh

Post by Jedburgh »

abitmad wrote:Interesting report Jedburgh for a great trip. I'd consider getting a TMax myself in future though the lack of ABS puts me off a bit. Does that bother you at all? I have it on my current ride and although I don't think it has ever cut in on the Bev, I find it reassuring to know it's there should I have to do an emergency stop, especially on a wet road.

One small technical board matter. On my computer, don't know about anyone else, your user photo obscures part of your text in every message of yours. Does anyone know if anything can be done about it?

I've had bikes with and without and it really does not bother me without, maybe it's the way I ride but I can't think of a time when my ABS has come on, on any bike. I grew up without it so perhaps ride accordingly. I accept it's reassuring to know it's there and suspect Yamaha will include it sometime in the future in the UK but it's not an issue for me.

I've changed and resized my avatar, is that better?

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

That's fine now on the avatar thanks.

I'm old and grew up without ABS too. Have owned a lot of bikes over the years but in recent times most if not all had ABS. Even my most recent Harley Road King. It's probably unusual these days to find a motorcycle or scooter over a certain capacity without it and I believe it to be great progress in safety. According to a Yam dealer I spoke to a couple of days ago, cost is the reason they don't import the ABS version of the TMax. But I like light weight and the TMax is much lighter than the BMW or Burger scooters so it appeals.

Jedburgh

Post by Jedburgh »

Yes, I understand it was down to cost and would prefer if it was fitted as you say but for me it's not a problem. The TMax is relatively light, handles very well and is practical, just expensive (but not as much as the Beemers).

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Cheers for sorting the avatar.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Jedburgh

Post by Jedburgh »

Didn't know what an avatar was till I joined this site!

Enjoyed terryvanman's video, came across quite a few cows standing in or being herded down mountain roads, all part of the Spanish riding experience!