Xevo 400cc

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
masterchop
Current Ride: Burgman K3 400

Re: Xevo 400cc

Post by masterchop »

Mistakes ....yep Beverley 500. Why I bought that I will never know.
Single cylinder rumbler

martb4632
Benefactor
Current Ride: LML Star 150 4 Stroke

Post by martb4632 »

Years ago I part exchanged my Vespa et4 for a new Piaggio Skipper and within yards of the dealership knew I had made a big mistake. The thing struggled to go above 52mph whereas the et4 with the earlier version of Piaggio's 4 stroke 125 engine would do an easy 65mph and get there a lot quicker.

I kept it for 3 months and sold it for not too much of a loss and upgraded to a Gilera Runner VXR and happiness was restored once more :)

I had a X8 400 which is more or less the same bike as the Xevo & quite liked it but I guess it's horses for courses and all that ?

floridafil
Current Ride: SH300

Post by floridafil »

I hankered after a Honda 650 Deauville. Seeing them ride past, they always seemed so smooth and quiet. A few years ago I bought one off ebay. It was just under 2 years old, in mint condition having only covered 3300 miles. I travelled 200 miles on the train to collect it and rode it home.
I HATED that bike with a vengeance; It was the most horrid bike I could ever imagine. Although it was comfy it was gutless, noisy and no fun at all. I kept it for 8 months but could not bring myself to go out on it, covering only 400 miles in that time. Eventually selling it via ebay to a bike shop 20 mile from where I had bought it.

I know the Deauville has a loyal following and most people who own them love them. But I cant help but feel sorry for the owner when ever I see one.
That was my biggest bike buying mistake.
Isn't it nice when things just work?
Previous
60 Kawasaki ER-6f
09 Honda SH300
56 Suzuki Bandit GSF650
54 Honda Deauville
52 Suzuki SV650
97 Yamaha XJ600
90 Kawasaki KLR250

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

I find the X-Evo to be a longer than GTS vespa and heavier very awkard trying to turn it in back yard
im only a small fellow,
thinking asking shop if i can buy vespa back,i know i have to pay out again

Ginger Phil
Benefactor

Post by Ginger Phil »

If we're talking about mistakes I bought a Neco Abruzzi, what was I thinking? :o

Horrible scooter to ride, it gave me backache after 5 minutes and handled like shite. :|

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

floridafil wrote:I hankered after a Honda 650 Deauville.
I HATED that bike with a vengeance; It was the most horrid bike I could ever imagine. Although it was comfy it was gutless, noisy and no fun at all. I kept it for 8 months but could not bring myself to go out on it, covering only 400 miles in that time. Eventually selling it via ebay to a bike shop 20 mile from where I had bought it.

I know the Deauville has a loyal following and most people who own them love them. But I cant help but feel sorry for the owner when ever I see one.
That was my biggest bike buying mistake.
Echos of my Pan European experience....people said they were surprisngly light and easy to handle, but it was a monstrosity! I could barely keep it upright getting it out of the garage, and when I dropped it, it took 3 people to pick it up! So cumbersome.... like your Deauville, I just did not want to ride it and pxed it for a Big Burger after 3 weeks! Oddly enough, I bought it quite cheaply and got a really good trade in, so financially it was probably my best ever deal!!!
I had a brief ride on the Deauville, I quite liked it in some ways, though being used to scooters, I was struggling with the gearbox and the riding position felt very weird.

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

Ginger Phil wrote:If we're talking about mistakes I bought a Neco Abruzzi, what was I thinking? :o Horrible scooter to ride, it gave me backache after 5 minutes and handled like shite. :|
Reminds of a girlfriend I used to have; gorgeous to look at but gave me backache after 5 minutes and really difficult to handle! :P
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I hope either of them were reasonably cheap.......

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

mine wasnt that cheap