Warranty or not ??? What are the risks

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: Warranty or not ??? What are the risks

Post by michaelphillips »

Peterp1per wrote:Thanks for that, do you think I should take out the new K&N air filter and put the dirty original back in before letting the Suzuki man do his stuff? I really don't want to but I suppose he might get on his high horse...................
i would, then at least you know the dealer had it cleaned/replaced, when you swap it back over, at least you will have a spare then, as you mention portugal will be more dusty, then you can clean (and oil if needed the k and n filter) :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Peterp1per
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Peterp1per »

Yes good idea, it might be a good test of the dealers service as you say. It's a lot muckier than I would be happy with but I suppose they have to make a more objective judgement.

Peterp1per

Post by Peterp1per »

Ok quick update, just under two hours labour 150 quid including new oil and oil filter (to their credit oil filter not on schedule) but air filter left in place. Will now put back the K&N I took out.
So who really knows what they did in those two hours?? Rides just the same as before but I do have their precious stamp.

I hate all this warranty crappola, roll on two years.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

Peterp1per wrote:Ok quick update, just under two hours labour 150 quid including new oil and oil filter (to their credit oil filter not on schedule) but air filter left in place. Will now put back the K&N I took out.
So who really knows what they did in those two hours?? Rides just the same as before but I do have their precious stamp.

I hate all this warranty crappola, roll on two years.
was the air filter cleaned :?: was it in the service schedule to be cleaned/inspect :?:

Peterp1per

Post by Peterp1per »

I'm sure it was in the scedule to be looked at, but it's not cleanable as far as I know. Its just paper.
I probably change these things too often same as oil, I expect it's a waste of money really but it makes me happy in my soul.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

Peterp1per wrote:I'm sure it was in the scedule to be looked at, but it's not cleanable as far as I know. Its just paper.
I probably change these things too often same as oil, I expect it's a waste of money really but it makes me happy in my soul.
well you can put the k&n back in now :D i use a Sprint Super Competition Air Filter as this does not require oil so will save me over the long period :D