What model designation?

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
mjf65
Current Ride: AN400L0

What model designation?

Post by mjf65 »

Rang my insurers up today to get the Burgman on my policy, gave them the reg plate 61 (2011) and now they need to know whether it's a K8, K9 or ZA9? Rang the owner up and he says it's an LO (2010) but insurers don't agree and hence won't cover it? What do you do?

gn2

Re: What model designation?

Post by gn2 »

Surely it should be listed on the registration document?
Maybe try a different insurer...

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Or try a Dealer via his computer thingy, should tell you from the VIN:

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Kayz, many insurers at the moment only go up to the k9 on their lists...bazzar I know! But as long as you tell them it's reg and all the details it can be covered. The insurers you are using are being pillocks! This tends to happen with the Burgman 400 after k9 models. If it has abs then make sure you tell them. My brand new 2012 400z abs was initially covered as a K9 with a '12' plate because no 400z abs model was listed at that time by most British insurers. But they listed it as brand new with abs and all the toys valued at the full book price that I paid. They said it would not matter and it would be treated as if it was the full z abs model brand new...I said it was! They said yes thats ok. They are asking for the model number ie: L0,1 etc because they are confused. The service book will tell you. It will say model name AN400L0 or whatever in top left hand corner inside first page. Reg doc will say too I'm sure.

Oh...congrats on the bloody brilliant bike...but I'm biased for some reason!! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mjf65
Current Ride: AN400L0

Post by mjf65 »

It's definitely an AN400L0, dimwits at Hastings say computer says no.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Sorry mjf65, I'm calling you kayz1. Must have been tired when I replied last night. On holiday but have been actually working flat out...explain that one to me! :o
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...