Would like your thoughts on this

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
basil 69
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxisym 600i

Would like your thoughts on this

Post by basil 69 »

http://www.billsmithmotors.co.uk/pages/ ... CC=400#eq1

Hi Everyone
Went out today around the local dealers to see what maxis were for sale and found this in Chester see link above, would appreciate any thoughts on the burger, mainly the price (is it about right for the year & milage) etc.

Thanks

basil

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Would like your thoughts on this

Post by MrGrumpy »

Looks pretty good deal actually. We've seen lots of 3-4 year old Burgers going for around £3000, and this one has less than 1000 miles on, so looks good. A brand new one is the wrong side of £6k now I think. I think there was a slight upgrade a year or so ago (slightly more power, twin disks on front), which this one won't have.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Appreciate there's some distance involved but you can save over £1000 buying Road Runner's bike, which has known history - Linky

For me excessively low mileage can itself be an issue as the bike may not have had sufficient use and erratic maintenance and oil changes.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

£60 documents fee ?? WTF that about
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

poldark wrote:Appreciate there's some distance involved but you can save over £1000 buying Road Runner's bike, which has known history - Linky

For me excessively low mileage can itself be an issue as the bike may not have had sufficient use and erratic maintenance and oil changes.
You beat me Poldark,save youself loads of £££££££ Buy Roadrunner,s scoot
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

bingx9
Current Ride: X9-500 X8-125 The Missus

Post by bingx9 »

You would be buying from a reputable person. The money you would be paying for the scoot will be a genuine retail book price, Bill Smith is a good man and you will be able to knock him down in price personally. Has he had it in the showroom a long time for that reason of age or has he just acquired it and some one has had it stuck in a garage. I know Bill from the days of him riding Isle of Man TT in the 1960/70, he will not pull the wool over your eyes, he respects life and also he knows what his mechanics’ are suppose to know.
Do your overtime of what I have told you and ask for him personally, tell him your hard up, and you will offer him 300 less! He will listen. icon_icon_whistlehalo.gif
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. `Monkeys on Keyboards`

mjf65
Current Ride: AN400L0

Post by mjf65 »

There are some bargains out there, I've just got myself a very low mileage 61 plate model with three months warranty remaining for 3450 which compared to buying new seemed a steal. Well happy.

bingx9
Current Ride: X9-500 X8-125 The Missus

Post by bingx9 »

icon_icon_whistlehalo.gif Compare this Basil

http://www.motorcyclesupermarket.com/us ... cles/2010-(10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)-Suzuki-AN400-Burgman-AN400L0-in-Kidderminster-6186276

icon_flag013.gif icon_shoot2.gif Wales.gif
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. `Monkeys on Keyboards`

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

mjf65 wrote:There are some bargains out there, I've just got myself a very low mileage 61 plate model with three months warranty remaining for 3450 which compared to buying new seemed a steal. Well happy.
I thought you paid £2400 for your Burgman, according to your other post. At £2400 this would have been a very good deal indeed. However, at £3450 its a 'reasonable' deal.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

frankiej1949
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by frankiej1949 »

Have a word with Dan at Bill Smiths, he is the guy I bought my X10 form, very helpful very personable. Tell him you know Frank Johnson from the forum and your chance of a discount is shot :lol: