Same scooter spotting

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Earl
Benefactor
Current Ride: Mana 850

Re: Same scooter spotting

Post by Earl »

I've only ever seen 2 Mana's and they belonged to Craig and Alan off here.
It Is Better To Be Hated For What You Are, Than To Be loved For What You Are Not.

Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Post by Taipan »

I have a Sh300. I see about 2000 a day. :lol: Well not quite but there are a lot of them commuting into London! :)

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

Taipan wrote:I have a Sh300. I see about 2000 a day. :lol: Well not quite but there are a lot of them commuting into London! :)
yep me too,,,,,I go to the gym most days and its a 10 minute ride and depending on what time of day,,,loads of them,,and loads in bike bays,,,and no,,they aint all 125's ;)
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

SpikeOne wrote:Only one DT 300 - ever!
I had to go down to the Toulouse/Bordeaux area recently, lots of them there (scooters every where you looked).
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

I see a few maxi's in my area, including Burgman 400's of all years. But most of what I see are 125's and smaller. MInd you they all seem to go like crazy! Must have nerves of steel or be incredibly stupid with some of the antics I see them pull in traffic. Just come back from Ipswich to Colchester on the A12 and spotted a silver Suzuki Burgman 400 (I think) going to Ipswich at about 10.30am. If it was you, hello! Not really time to nod as we were both racking up the mph at the time and passed at warp speed. I was followed by a BMW RG1200 who's rider accosted me at the petrol station we both stopped at. He asked what size engine my bike was (it's not shown on the newer ones) and was amazed it was "just a 400!" He couldn't believe how it didn't slow on the big hills and that it could cruise at 80mph on the private bits of the A12. He is apparently going to part ex the BMW for a maxi when he has worked out what to get.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

gn2

Post by gn2 »

My "just a 125" has seen off many big bikes, but only while riding through congested city traffic... :lol:

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Hi gn, yeah...the 125's these days are brilliant. I was surprised at how quick away from the lights the average 125 is. I regularly see a host of 125 Honda scoots in my area and they can give much bigger bikes a run for their money. I see why people want them. On my last trip to Birmingham on the 400 I was loitering at 60mph and was overtaken by a Vespa GT125! AND...the owner was going to the NEC from Devon to the same conference as me! We ended up having quite a chat for a couple of days...errr...I don't mean we talked non stop for two days, although I could probably have managed it!! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Jedburgh
Current Ride: Tmax 530

Post by Jedburgh »

I think I have the only Mk 4 round these here parts & there's one Mk3 that I know of in Grimsby - not much call for em round here according to local dealer. However my recent trip to Spain revealed the following; 3 x Mk 4's, 1 x Mk 3, 1 X Silver Wing, 12 Burgers of various sizes all around Santander plus multitudes of pesky 125's.

frankiej1949
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by frankiej1949 »

Not seen another X10, certainly wont see an X10 500 :D

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

It amazes me just how few other maxi scooters you see in the UK but then given the trouble I had finding dealers of any brand having bikes in stock and heaven forbid a test ride model I am not surprised. I have never seen another Maxsym which may explain why when I park up around other bikes and scooters it attracts a lot of interest (of course it could be me that is the centre of interest :mrgreen: )
Maximum respect