Best Mpg ever?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Best Mpg ever?

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Well my journey profile is this:
- 10 miles on the A113, which is pretty open and smooth running at 50 ish, for the most part.
- 2 miles through low speed village and approach to M11. Often overtaking slow traffic.
- M11 for about 5 miles, but filtering at 20 to 30mph.
- A few miles on the A12 to Bow, on a 50mph dual carriageway, which usually runs freely.
The last section is all urban, but about half is in bus lanes so fairly easy and smooth progress. It gets a bit stop start after Tower Hill but then eases along the Embankment.

On the way home it's much the same, except that the M11 is at full throttle!
Hmmmm so more smooth a journey than you might expect. I guess your relatively low speed is the answer - apart from the M11 bash - but there again, the M11 isn't noted for being empty! Doing 70 can be an achievement on it at the best of times! Most of my journeys are on quite quiet rural main roads, or fast back roads. No stop-start, but speeds 70+ for a fair time, and accelerating out of bends, villages etc.

martb4632
Benefactor
Current Ride: LML Star 150 4 Stroke

Post by martb4632 »

Best figure from my LML 150 4t was 125 mpg and the lowest it's ever been was 108 mpg in the middle of winter. It usually averages 111mpg according to my fuelly account. Obviously I'm very happy with that but I don't thrash the scoot and generally cruise at around 55 mph on my mainly rural commute.
I guess its down to the light weight of the bike and the manual gearbox but its the most economical vehicle I've ever owned and twice as good on fuel as the 2 stroke LML I owned before it.

My Foresight averages 78mpg and that gets ridden a bit harder being a 250 but again that's not bad for an old school auto with a basic carb fed engine :)

NorfolkChris
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400. 2000

Post by NorfolkChris »

Just happened to have a glance at the trip 2 setting on my Burgman and it currently stands at 997.2 miles. That's how many miles I've done on the bike in the six weeks that I have owned it.

My best mpg is 74.9 which was the pie and mash run including getting home.

My average is 68.4

I've had 8 fill ups. Now needs a ninth

Averege price per litre is £1.36

Average price per fill up is £10.06

Average price per mile is £0.09

Total spent is £80.44

melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Post by melpotter »

I'm obviously going to have to ride more slowly, I was once stunned to get 92.5 out of my SYM GTS EVO 300i, thought it was a mistake!

I've averaged 81.6 over the last 10,800 miles. That's 55 tanks since last April. I commute about 35 miles per day mostly on dual carriageways or fast A roads but about 5 miles of urban riding on each journey.
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

alicethomas
Current Ride: Xciting500+Yager125+MP3LT250

Post by alicethomas »

Best ever: 191mpg (US: 159mpg) during a 599km trip (2 refuelings) in the Vosges mountains. (Not to mention even better single refuelings over a distance of nearly 400km with a 5.x litre fuel tank.)
153mpg (US: 128 mpg) averaged over 15297km and 2 years.
But that was only a 50cc Baotian Ecobike.
111mpg (US: 93 mpg) averaged with Suzuki UE 125 CT.
Salut/Cheers
Alice+Thomas