Yamaha MT09 Demo

Chat about any motorbike here.
VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Yamaha MT09 Demo

Post by VOZZA »

Had a ride on one of these today. It looked small when I got on and felt really light but I am 6'3" and had just got off my XT1200Z. After a couple of miles I found I did not feel at all cramped and was in fact very comfortable.
Handling and brakes were excellent for riding in town where most of my ride took place and confidence grew very quickly.
Power was available from low down and immediate. The gearbox was a bit tight and neutral was a bit hard to get at a standstill but the bike only got out of the crate at 10am this morning a few more miles and I'm sure it will be fine.
The dash was very compact and had a good range of information including a gear position indicator but no temperature guage. The Rev counter was a bit small to be of real use but who cares when you got that lovely triple warble that had a lovely rasp between 3 and 4 thou.
The whole thing looked well made with some nice quality details.
Would I buy one?..............
If I was ready for a lightweight hooligan machine that could take commuting in it's stride you bet I would, but I'm still recovering from buying my XT at the mo, maybe next year though.
icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: Yamaha MT09 Demo

Post by poldark »

I have a Triumph Street Triple R, this bike is a direct competitor to that sales success story and is certainly very keenly priced.

As you can imagine there's lots of chat on the STR Forum about this bike and some owners have already had a little ride. Perhaps you'll not get an unbiased view but the few Press reviews comment about iffy low speed fuelling and too soft front end with dive on braking.

But with that engine and keen price I'm sure they'll sell loads.

Linky
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Re: Yamaha MT09 Demo

Post by Deeping »

looks okay but I prefer the looks MT01 but not ridden either so what do I know
Never instal version 1.0