New Sym??

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SYMUK
Current Ride: Joymax 300

Re: New Sym??

Post by SYMUK »

gn2 wrote:
horobags wrote:For jesus sake , what do you want SYM uk to do, they are offering much more incentives than others
Incentives?
Insurance that's more expensive than the meerkats can find you and finance at more than double what Honda charge?
horobags wrote:you want to do your own servicing
I don't, but others may.
horobags wrote:You just cant please some people.... :shock:
Yes you can, Honda and their local dealer are currently pleasing me just fine thanks. ;)

A tenner extra for shipping plus eight percent plus vat has all of a sudden added almost thirty percent to this little extra!

The same goes for the price differential with the product, then apply dealer margin and importer margin and that is why the differential is where it is I am afraid!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

SYMUK wrote:
gn2 wrote:To be fair, Sym are really close, for me to be interested all they need to do is get the service interval up above 6000 miles fit an analogue mph speedo, get a dealership sorted out in Aberdeen or Dundee and I would consider one next time.
I would definitely choose Sym over Piaggio....

Just back from EICMA show, superb as always!

Had lengthy meeting (as always!) and pushed hard for better service intervals - we will make headway here because it is a debate already fairly well advanced. I will of course keep you posted.

We are constantly evaluating the dealer network - and you are quite right we need dealers in Scotland......

Thanks
SYMUK
Glad you had a good time. This service thing would make a big difference I'm sure, if the intervals can be extended even just a tad! My Burgman 400 is 12 months or every 3750 miles. In reality it's not much to do and costs are minimal. If the 600i is somewhere near I'll be happy. I'm glad you are helping everyone understand about pricing of the bikes. Most don't know this stuff and it helps. Thanks.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

halfabusa wrote:
Data wrote:
halfabusa wrote:STOP THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW as you guys are tempting me too :)))
p.s. never would have guessed you approaching 60. more like mid 50's. You're not counting the years spent in warp speed on the Enterprise are you?
Thanks for the compliment halfabusa. Your a star.... ;) Just remind Mrs Data of my youthful looks would you when you are around next!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

gn2

Post by gn2 »

SYMUK wrote:Just back from EICMA show, superb as always!

Had lengthy meeting (as always!) and pushed hard for better service intervals - we will make headway here because it is a debate already fairly well advanced. I will of course keep you posted.

We are constantly evaluating the dealer network - and you are quite right we need dealers in Scotland......

Thanks
SYMUK
I'm glad I don't have your job, dragged off to Italy to look at shiny new bikes, sounds like hell! ;)

Re the service schedules, even if you could just get rid of the three monthly element it would be a boost.
Re dealers in Aberdeen, have you tried Albamoto?

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

bolton motorcycles now have the price RRP of £5999 for the 600i so a grand more than the 400
http://www.boltonmotorcycles.co.uk/bike ... php?id=348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

SYMUK
Current Ride: Joymax 300

Post by SYMUK »

Bolton MC's are quick off the mark - Jonathan the Manager is a sharp cookie!

Piss poor photos, drab 'Chinglish' description!

I have ace photos, and can wax lyrical about the fit and finish - even have some top photos taken in Israel of the 400i with top photographer Ronan Topelberg taking pics of the Joymax launch!

You guys have no idea how difficult this job really is!

Can post pics here, but lots of them, so which is the best way to do it?

SYMUK

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

SYMUK wrote:Bolton MC's are quick off the mark - Jonathan the Manager is a sharp cookie!

Piss poor photos, drab 'Chinglish' description!

I have ace photos, and can wax lyrical about the fit and finish - even have some top photos taken in Israel of the 400i with top photographer Ronan Topelberg taking pics of the Joymax launch!

You guys have no idea how difficult this job really is!

Can post pics here, but lots of them, so which is the best way to do it?

SYMUK
i suppose open a free photobucket account, create a album and batch drag and drop the photos to it and post link to album :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Is the engine on the 600 bolted into the frame or is it a swinger?
Lyn.

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

8-)
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Goodness - either that (female) model is exceptionally petite, or that Sym makes the big Burger seem Vespa sized!