New Helmet

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Miseryguts
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman AN400 K8

New Helmet

Post by Miseryguts »

Gone and ordered a LS2 FF386 flip helmet based mainly on the Sharp test results plus owner reviews
It's supposedly designed to be quiet and easy to adjust visors etc with gloves on.
Will post a review once it arrives and when I have actually bought a scoot to try it out on, going to look at Burgmans and Majesty's with maybe a Xevo or X10 next week.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: New Helmet

Post by poldark »

I take it you tried the helmet on to check the fit, before ordering?
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

Miseryguts wrote:Gone and ordered a LS2 FF386 flip helmet based mainly on the Sharp test results plus owner reviews
It's supposedly designed to be quiet and easy to adjust visors etc with gloves on.
Will post a review once it arrives and when I have actually bought a scoot to try it out on, going to look at Burgmans and Majesty's with maybe a Xevo or X10 next week.
if you got the yellow one this visor is the one to go for 8-) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LS2-FF370-FF3 ... 5d4574e610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

good hunting with the scoots :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Miseryguts
Benefactor

Post by Miseryguts »

poldark wrote:I take it you tried the helmet on to check the fit, before ordering?
No there's no one local that stocks it, but I seem to have the perfectly average medium sized head
Every medium helmet I have owned fitted fine, maybe I have an unusually deformable skull.

Miseryguts
Benefactor

Post by Miseryguts »

michaelphillips wrote:
Miseryguts wrote:Gone and ordered a LS2 FF386 flip helmet based mainly on the Sharp test results plus owner reviews
if you got the yellow one this visor is the one to go for 8-) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LS2-FF370-FF3 ... 5d4574e610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

good hunting with the scoots :D
Gone for the boring white one, not knowing what colour the scoot will be when I get one.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Miseryguts wrote:
poldark wrote:I take it you tried the helmet on to check the fit, before ordering?
No there's no one local that stocks it, but I seem to have the perfectly average medium sized head
Every medium helmet I have owned fitted fine, maybe I have an unusually deformable skull.
Lucky you, I must have a really strange bonce as I'm an XS in HJC/Box, S in Marushin & others, despite actually measuring 59cm which should be M/L for most brands.

Hope it's a comfy snug fit.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

i was told don,t go for the rating, go for a helmet that fits better,
a good fitting helmet will protect you better than a ill fitting helmet with better ratings

jamie
Benefactor
Current Ride: sport city 300 .. gtr 1400

Post by jamie »

was always led to believe the ratings system was poor at best .. as only helmets supplied by the manufacturer were tested .. ie slightly beefed up at the points of impact .. where as other parts of the world buy helmets off the shelf to test .

Miseryguts
Benefactor

Post by Miseryguts »

Update on the helmet
It's arrived and it fits well, nice and tight but comfortable, tried it out yesterday for the firs time when I picked up the new Burgman. Misted up slightly at the lower part of the visor due to having no breath guard, will do a review when I have used it a fair bit more.

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

BUT you cant wear earplugs if you wear earing aids as i do ,and a lot of other motorcyclist.
Ido agree about built in sun visors ive two helmets and sunvisor does not cover eyes