"Sports" scooters

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: "Sports" scooters

Post by MrGrumpy »

Bluebottle wrote:I was thinking more of sports styling, skinny tails exposing rear wheels etc rather than something that actually has some poke
Kind of like the TMax then!

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I think the sports tag should apply to the rider after some of the enthusiastic scooter riding I have seen ,which made the accompanying bike riders on said sports bikes look like a load of pusses lol .

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

Bluebottle wrote:I was thinking more of sports styling, skinny tails exposing rear wheels etc rather than something that actually has some poke
when gilera stopped doing the nexus 500 i was hoping that aprilia would get there hands on it, like they did to the gp800 gilera and made the srv 850 it never happened :cry: they did the aprilia SR MAX 300 and 125

but did not do the 500 :cry: i was gutted as i like the raised naked arse and the sweeping upwards lines and aggressive styling.

so thats why i keep doing my own styling on my 2004 nexus, the last pic i got of it was when i did the coolant and renewed the water pump seals and fitting the mk2 hand bars and putting the mirrors on , i still use a topbox for the benefit of pillion backrest as my sons are young, its tuned as far as i want to go and revs immediately to 6000 rpm with no clutch slippage and a hoot to ride, fingers crossed she will keep me smiling for a few years yet, approaching 43000 miles and fun fun fun to ride daily

I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

michaelphillips wrote: when gilera stopped doing the nexus 500 i was hoping that aprilia would get there hands on it, like they did to the gp800 gilera and made the srv 850 it never happened :cry: they did the aprilia SR MAX 300 and 125
But those ones are almost indistinguishable from the new Kawa J300 or the Kymco Downtown, and many others, apart from the flash paint jobs.....

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

spaceprobe wrote:.............For example when do you ever see a new build flat for sale that is not designated as a luxury or an executive development it seems nobody sells a regular flat any more!
I'm still trying to buy a light duty battery for my car! :roll:
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

But those ones are almost indistinguishable from the new Kawa J300 or the Kymco Downtown, and many others, apart from the flash paint jobs.....
they have been out for 3 years now..... so i would say that they have started the new trend on design flair... and yes they always remind me of a grown up sporty 50cc scooter... so i agree that you should do what ever you think to your scoot to make it your own unique scooter, just like we all do to the internals of our houses :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

I was looking at the SRV850 in The Rocket centre Blaclburn the other day and the Mrs says I can have one ...next year, almost 1K of list at £6700 unregistered , just hope its still there, wouldnt mind taking it to the TT next year :)
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

sad vampire
Current Ride: NC750 DCT+Aprilia Atlantic 500

Post by sad vampire »

Methinks a lot of this "sports" labelling & the marketing that goes with it is purely gender driven, the companies are deliberately marketing the angular lines etc., at men.

A pity really as scooters are ideal for us women yet many of us are completely put off them by the silly macho image that the manufacturers are trying to put out.

Cookie
Benefactor
Current Ride: SilverWing - PCX - C90

Post by Cookie »

Does anyone remember when all that was needed to make you're bike into a sports model was a roll of chequered tape from Woollies.
Cost 1/6 and not only made you're ride 'sporty' but helped to hold it together as well!
Ah, those were the days, macho was measured purely by how bad you smelt.
Cookie

burgerman
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda FJS600 Silverwing

Post by burgerman »

Cookie wrote: a roll of chequered tape from Woollies.

Think I've still got one in me shed!! :lol:

Ah, those were the days, macho was measured purely by how bad you smelt.
Cookie
What d'ya mean "was"?! :lol:
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander......sometimes it buggers off completely!!
You can't avoid growing up, but you can be immature all your life!