BMW C600 Sport Annual Service

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

BMW C600 Sport Annual Service

Post by DougL »

I was expecting this to be mega £££s but slightly better than expected. I managed to negotiate the first service as free at 1000 miles. Now it has done just over 4k and is due an annual service... The quoted cost is £190 inclusive. Am I mad, or does this seem reasonable?

gn2

Re: BMW C600 Sport Annual Service

Post by gn2 »

At that mileage it sounds ike a total rip off to me.
Or maybe its just the London effect?

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

DougL wrote:I was expecting this to be mega £££s but slightly better than expected. I managed to negotiate the first service as free at 1000 miles. Now it has done just over 4k and is due an annual service... The quoted cost is £190 inclusive. Am I mad, or does this seem reasonable?
i suppose it depends of what material things they will change :?: if you find out, which you are in titled to know what they have changed.. then you could work out whether it would be in your interest to do it yourself in future.. after costing parts :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

B em have always been Tw*** service wise, when i had my BM's it was service at Xmiles or the 12 month check. The barstuards used to charge more for the check than the service :lol: and take care they don't make you have both. That had been reported by some riders down Sarf..they were chaging annual check and milage service.. plus you can not find out what the hourly rate is cos they say they don't have one..they charge in units :lol: a job could be 6 units or 1 or 21 :lol:

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

Seems a fair price for a BMW in Londinium.
Not bad when you consider Globs was paying £150 a service for his SYM see; http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... 00#p188209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I can't remember where it came from but the essence of a capitalist equation is; Premium Product + Premium Aftercare + Premium Profitability = Premium Client!
It depends on how long it takes to recoup the cost. None (Offset against Tax), minutes, hours, days or weeks...
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I would say your mad ,they will only change the oil and maybe the filter . Your service book or manual will state what is supposed to be replace and checked . If it is just oil and filter that's £30 materials .my 6k service for the srv was £140 which was oil ,filter, rollers and sliding pieces and fork oil plus ovrall checks and they had it for 2 hrs .

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

It is an oil and filter change. Apparently the service schedule for the C600 Sport states a brake fluid change at the first year then every two years after that, so that is also being done. I normally do stuff myself, apart from during a warranty period, for obvious reason. Given the prices mentioned for other machines, it doesn't seem too bad after all. I'm taking it out of London , to Hertford as it is much cheaper. BMW are renowned for extortionate servicing by the way.

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

It does sound high but I think main bike dealers do go OTT, my kawasaki Vulcan used to cost more to service by the main dealer than my 2.5 Audi A4 (not a main dealer). I see Piaggio are quoting 70 minutes for 1000 K X10 service. I changed the engine oil, gear oil, cleaned the air filter ect on the Max in about 30 minutes.

http://www.piaggiox10.co.uk/service-info.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maximum respect

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

anonstarter wrote:Seems a fair price for a BMW in Londinium.
Yes, London labour prices seem twice as high as elsewhere! I usually reckon on £200 incl for a 6K service on the TMax, more for the 12K cos of the ludicrous number of filters it has and their ludicrous prices! Plus V-belt as well.
I paid £130 for an 'annual service' for the Tmax at a main dealer - it was meant to be the mostly pointless annual inspection that I was going to have done purely for warranty purposes, but someone got their wires crossed....

martin@swad
Current Ride: DN01

Post by martin@swad »

Asked for a fault diagnosis on a BMW 2 years ago. Labour was quoted at £95 per hr. Heard yesterday it's now £120.
However, if you phone them for a service price they will quote the standard BMW price list, if you go in to the dealers you can usually get a much lower price. Last year I was quoted £319 for an annual service on an F800ST on the phone, a visit to the dealer and it was £140. BIG difference.