2013 - unlucky for me

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
luandablue
Current Ride: Honda PCX

2013 - unlucky for me

Post by luandablue »

Looks like I'm unintentionally in the market for another bike! Last Wednesday evening a car slammed into the back of me at the roundabout at the top of the M60 slip road at Bredbury. He'd decided there was enough time for two of us to get out before an approaching van, but unfortunately I'd decided there wasn't time even for me and hadn't moved at all. Nor had I hesitated or started off and changed my mind, there was nothing else behind the van so no need to take any unnecessary risk. He said he assumed I'd have gone and put his foot down. It was quite a shocking impact and I actually thought something had come flying up the slip road and just failed to stop.
So, me and the Pantheon were on the deck in the middle of the road. I don't know how close the van came to colliding as I was too busy trying to fall off as well as I could. And then looking back for some explanation as to why my ride home was over prematurely.
Me: lots of aches and pains - neck and back mainly.
Pantheon: had it, from what I could see. Severe rear end trauma and damage to left hand side. An assessor will be checking it over tomorrow, but I'll be surprised if they don't declare it a write-off.
Given that I was in Tanzania for most of the time I owned it, I managed 11 commuting days on it. Or 10.5 if you don't count the abandoned journey. About 300 miles in total, at an average of 95mpg, which having just filled it I was feeling quite pleased about at the moment of impact.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: 2013 - unlucky for me

Post by StephenC »

Obviously that was completely your fault. :roll: If you had moved when the driver assumed you should, you wouldn't have been in his way.

Oh well, the bike will probably end up written off but at least you aren't. :D

If you liked the Pantheon, I'm sure a S-Wing somewhere has your name on it. ;)
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oh shit! I know I nearly made the same error in the past. These days, drivers round here are so slow off the mark that I never even look along the roundabout until the vehicle in front has moved off.

Obviously the Pantheon will be a write off, as the repair costs are going to be way more than its worth.
Sorry to hear about your aches and pains - hopefully it will sort itself out shortly.

Really hope you can get the insurance & legal claim sorted ASAP (which sadly means inside 6 months, even if its not contested) - hope he's insured for one thing, and that they don't try to claim its your fault!
As for the legal claim - start keeping a precise diary of all your injuries, the pain you experience, the things you can and can't do, with dates. It'll come in very useful later. Take photos of any bruising.

tallpaul
Benefactor
Current Ride: xmax 125

Post by tallpaul »

Bloody hell! I'm pleased you're okay, I got shunted at some lights a few years ago, not a pleasant experience.

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Bloody hell mate, I wouldn't bother buying any lottery tickets anytime soon, all you'll wind up with is a paper cut.

Hopefully you will get away with it but be pepared for things to tighten up and get sore over the next couple of days. I hate to take medication unless I really have to but a methocarbomal (robaxin) worked wonders for me, it doesn't mask the pain and its not addictive like some of the alternatives.

No doubt the driver will adapt his story a bit in the coming weeks but that side of things resolves itself quickly.

Chin up, you should have had all your share of idiots for the next decade now!
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Hexatony 2
Benefactor
Current Ride: Hexagon 125

Post by Hexatony 2 »

:( Very sorry to hear of your mishap, too many drivers these days think that they are the most important people on the road and anyone else is an inconvenience. Hope you are soon feeling better and everything gets sorted out for you.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

At least your not badly injured, you really have been unlucky. Dont give in, buy yourself a s-wing, that'll put a smile on your face. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Ferrit
Current Ride: MP3 400ie

Post by Ferrit »

Glad you are not seriously hurt, as you say could have been far worse!.
2013 Mp3 500sport
2007 MP3 400ie

A less than Civil Servant
Herts & Beds SERV

Beardy
Current Ride: Piaggio X9 250 SL

Post by Beardy »

Sorry to hear that. Hope the whole thing gets sorted out quickly and you're back on two wheels soon.

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

The main thing is that you are still here with us and not in a wooden box.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services