LED Headlights + Two front lights lit.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
ba249k
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman AN 400 ZA

LED Headlights + Two front lights lit.

Post by ba249k »

Before any neigh sayers and techies start, I know this is not the 'correct' way to do it and maybe you shouldn't but this is how I have done it and it makes an easy job!
I bought a H4 and a H7 LED bulb of e-bay - about £8
Plus 2 wedge type LED side lights - about £3
Replaced the original bulbs with the LED bulbs, not hard so far.
Now just take a wire from the L/H light that is permanently on (yellow on my bike) to the unused connector on the H4 bulb in the R/H light.
You can just undo the R/H headlight connector and fit a faston in the spare slot.
Because of the way LED lights work both headlights will be on dipped beam and then when the main beam is switch on the LED's in the R/H light just goes brighter.
Job Done.
I still have the same fuse fitted with as yet no problems.
This may not be the best solution , but for me who does not do a lot of night time riding on country roads and want the main focus of my lights is to be seen by others, also I just liked the idea of having both headlight lit at the same time.
I know I will have to put my original bulbs back in for the MOT (a ten minute job) but until then I like the look!
Cheers
Baz :roll:

ps: This is a link to e-bay LED bulbs - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T10-W5W-50 ... 0&_trkparm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From China I know but cheap and arrived safely.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: LED Headlights + Two front lights lit.

Post by Funkycowie »

Is the light dispersal pattern the same, wider or narrower?
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

MjW
Current Ride: TMax 2009 ABS

Post by MjW »

That looks nice. I have a bunch of LED wedge lights but I just can't figure out how to change them on the TMax.

On the move with Tapatalk

ba249k
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman AN 400 ZA

Post by ba249k »

The light dispersal is scattered wide not great if you need to ride down dark country lanes , but ok in towns etc and importantly a nice bright white light during the day!

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

MjW wrote:That looks nice. I have a bunch of LED wedge lights but I just can't figure out how to change them on the TMax.

On the move with Tapatalk

Next time I have the front of mine to do my other led strip up front I will take photo's for you MJW so you can see how on the the nose. Its quite simple.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...