VESPA ??!!??!! What is Good about one??????

For members who own little scooters.
pikey

Re: VESPA ??!!??!! What is Good about one??????

Post by pikey »

If you want something different you have to pay people spend as much customising vespas and Lambrettas to be different .Thing is no one mentions the Vespa LX which has same engine its always the designer 946 and how expensive it is as if thats the norm and its not .Id never buy new anyway paid £690 for my 05 GT 200 not perfect by any means but will run it 12 months or for how long I fancy and should get what I paid back easily.

maxiscoot nz
Current Ride: maxi

Post by maxiscoot nz »

pikey wrote:If you want something different you have to pay people spend as much customising vespas and Lambrettas to be different .Thing is no one mentions the Vespa LX which has same engine its always the designer 946 and how expensive it is as if thats the norm and its not .Id never buy new anyway paid £690 for my 05 GT 200 not perfect by any means but will run it 12 months or for how long I fancy and should get what I paid back easily.

Exactly Pikey i think we might be on the same page thats why i keep saing the same. what is good about one.
Time to collect something else!!!!!!

pikey

Post by pikey »

When Im riding it in Italy with wife on the back in the sunshine re enacting "Roman Holiday" zipping around Italian city streets with big smile on my face Ill have my moneys worth out of it . :lol: :lol:

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Shouldn't that be 'Romany Holiday'? :mrgreen:
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

pikey

Post by pikey »

Just because my name is Pikey and have a Transit doesnt make me a Pikey :lol: :lol: :lol:

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

That's how it all began for me, and then my two brothers. My Cutie and I rented a Piaggio in Taormina in Sicily on our Honeymoon almost 8 years ago. So Fun!

Living the Sicilian Holiday Dream!
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

maxiscoot nz

Post by maxiscoot nz »

Must admitt nothing wrong with a bit of romance maybe i mighty dye my hair, sell all my toys, and buy a 946

pikey

Post by pikey »

Rent one first just incase you dont like it :lol: :lol:

Talking of renting and romance I know a guy went to sorrento fancied riding a classic Lambretta to ride along Almalfi coast it was £5000 deposit for TV 175 cant remember how much a day he took modern Vespa GTS instead which was loads cheaper and only few hundred deposit .

maxiscoot nz

Post by maxiscoot nz »

pikey wrote:Rent one first just incase you dont like it :lol: :lol:

Talking of renting and romance I know a guy went to sorrento fancied riding a classic Lambretta to ride along Almalfi coast it was £5000 deposit for TV 175 cant remember how much a day he took modern Vespa GTS instead which was loads cheaper and only few hundred deposit .
true pickey
cant afford the rent going.so going icon_gilera_fuoco.gif icon_gilera_fuoco.gif
to put funds into Messismitt kr200 instead
German heritage

Fizzy Rascal
Current Ride: Honda PCX

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

SkuTorr wrote:They had two of the new, retro-styed Vespa 946s...at $10,000.00!!!!! The owner said he's sold 6, two to some rich guy in la Jolla who wanted a PAIR that matched...Wow.
I just bought a 946 (White/Red) - I collect it next week. :)