soggy nuts!

For members who own little scooters.
tallpaul
Benefactor
Current Ride: xmax 125

soggy nuts!

Post by tallpaul »

I rode home from work yesterday in some atrocious weather, I got lashed all over with rain/sleet/hailstones, the rain found Its way through the liner in my trousers & my legs & nuts were soaking,, and I enjoyed every minute of it!
The conditions were terrible which meant I had to concentrate that bit more, having more control & restraint. I'd finally passed my driving test on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to getting my first car, but for now I'm making the most of two wheels :)

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: soggy nuts!

Post by SH125Paul »

yep - something to be said for riding what ever weather...
balance between common sense etc if ya don't have to an all that... used to avoid it when I had bikes and a choice, and often the bike only came out in the summer...
I scoot rain or shine summer and winter, and my riding has improved for it...

For me I did the car thing first at 17 and got a lot of the nonsense out the way before my bike test in my 20s... Funny how 1000cc bike brought some of it back!

Good luck with the car... but don't for get ya 2 wheels... after 25 yrs of bikes and 10 yrs of scoots wouldn't be without a twist n go in the garage now... they just make sense...

tallpaul
Benefactor
Current Ride: xmax 125

Re: soggy nuts!

Post by tallpaul »

Thanks Paul, i'm going to try & ride to work weather permiting, I'm driving my wife's toyota at the weekends, hopefully i'll get a cheap runaround soon to gain the experience. Probably keep the scooter, I'll see if I can store it at work.