NC700 DCT X or S?

Chat about any motorbike here.
VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Re: NC700 DCT X or S?

Post by VOZZA »

I know a chain can be a pain (pun intended) but set up correctly with a good oiler it's well looked after needing minimal maintenance. It is relatively light and for about £100 or so you get a new transmission when needed.
icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Meldrew wrote:Kawasaki had a few belt drive bikes out in the early Eighties, the first I think was the GPz 305 roadster then there was a couple of Z400 LTD cruisers.
The Z250T Scorpion was another.

fullcirclemax
Current Ride: Integra

Post by fullcirclemax »

Dave Weller wrote:I changed my NC700X for a Deauville, thinking that a shaft drive would be better, and so it is, however from what I've read I now need to check and re-grease the splines on the shaft drive when I change the rear tyre. Failing to do that could cause early wear and the replacement parts are expensive.
It should be a once only check, the main problem is where the shaft and gearbox meet. So no system is without problems.
I think on the Deauville the gearbox end is fine if the oil in the shaft housing is ok for condition and level . The splines on the hub and back wheel if well greased while the wheel is out is easy , using a high pressure grease . The Tmax is the same splined hub arrangement . I'm sure the Deauville could do a huge mileage on its original parts .

darren11864

Re: RE: Re: NC700 DCT X or S?

Post by darren11864 »

Taipan wrote:First time i'v e heard of the DCT being jerky or clunky? Most things i've read have reported it as being smooth?

It looks like DCT adds best part of a grand to the price of a NC700, pretty good going for a £600 extra originally. I found that interesting as a few years back an auto trans would have knocked the price down if anything!

I really want the DCT as I'm intrigued by it and changing gears gets boring when you ride in London commuting traffic day in and day out. But I have to say I've really taken a shine to the NC700X and may get a manual rather than not get one, if you see what I mean?
I was the same , fed-up changing gears in London traffic on Fz6 so got a Tmax 500 and I love it, off the lights on the motorway everything , I'll never go back to a manual.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk