NC700 DCT X or S?

Chat about any motorbike here.
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: NC700 DCT X or S?

Post by horobags »

manual v dct,?? the dct is well worth the extra dosh Ive really warmed to it, not really useing the manual mode, but just run in, so Ill experiment with that for engine braking ect. The drive/sport modes are great, smooth and effective.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Post by Taipan »

wozza wrote:
Taipan wrote:Thanks wozza. I think I'd prefer the upright position of the X and the better weather protection is always good as I ride all year round. The S does have handlebars though and not clip ons? I deffo wouldn't want a sports bike riding position.
Just to confirm, the S doesn't have clip ons, just shorter narrower bars the the X.
Thanks. Budget is tight so may have to go for an S but am aiming for an X even if its higher mileage.

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

wozza wrote:
Taipan wrote:Thanks wozza. I think I'd prefer the upright position of the X and the better weather protection is always good as I ride all year round. The S does have handlebars though and not clip ons? I deffo wouldn't want a sports bike riding position.
Just to confirm, the S doesn't have clip ons, just shorter narrower bars the the X.

Thanks.

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Well good luck with whatever you decide.... :D
SEAT MO

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

wozza wrote:Well good luck with whatever you decide.... :D

Thanks. Just working some figures out and I now have the dazzling offer of £800 for my SH300! :shock:

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

I didnt realise just how successful or popular the DCT is! It really adds a premium to the bikes doesn't it!

gn2

Post by gn2 »

DCT makes the bike more expensive yes, but better?
I would say no.
For me DCT was a jerky clunky annoyance.
The 500 range appeals more to me, you can get a new one for under four and a half grand.

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

Whats the DCT like? iN fact what the engine like? I seem to recall reading it could be quite vibey?
I owned a NC700X and the riding position is really comfortable.
The standard NC700X seat is awful, very slippy material and you find yourself sliding up and down the seat if you wear Textiles :)
It's also not very comfortable.
I reshaped the foam and fitted a Gel Insert into mine which made a huge difference.
Not tried the DCT on a NC but did try the version One DCT on the VFR1200 and it worked really well.
The NC has the second generation DCT so should be even better!

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi Taipan, I would go for the X as it gives a more commanding view in traffic and is no problem filtering. I've had the 700 with DCT and found it brilliant in town agile, comfortable, with a Shad comfort seat, and just so easy with twist and go transmission. No problem with vibes, yes there are some but nothing uncomfortable.
The X with a topbox has compareable storage with a maxiscooter. The only fly in the ointment is the chain which can be taken care of with an oiler.
icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

First time i'v e heard of the DCT being jerky or clunky? Most things i've read have reported it as being smooth?

It looks like DCT adds best part of a grand to the price of a NC700, pretty good going for a £600 extra originally. I found that interesting as a few years back an auto trans would have knocked the price down if anything!

I really want the DCT as I'm intrigued by it and changing gears gets boring when you ride in London commuting traffic day in and day out. But I have to say I've really taken a shine to the NC700X and may get a manual rather than not get one, if you see what I mean?