Rideout over the Wolds

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
gromet
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400

Rideout over the Wolds

Post by gromet »

Had a rideout to the Mermaid Cafe at Mablethorpe with a mate, then on to Willingham Woods to meet Ginge, and finally to Barton upon Humber yesterday. Weather brightened up for the last bit over the Wolds so I strapped the camera on and took a bit of Video. :D
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

Trev

StevenM
Benefactor

Re: Rideout over the Wolds

Post by StevenM »

Great video. icon_goodone.gif

What camera's are people using for these video's. I would like to give one a try.

gromet

Post by gromet »

Hi Steven, using a SJ1000 camera on a homemade chest mount. You can find the camera on Ebay for about £50-£60 at the mo as they have brought a new model out that looks like a GoPro, think that called that SJ4000. If you want to see the reviews just do a search for "Techmoan" on Utube. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5I2hjZYiW9gZPVkvzM8_Cw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trev

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

icon_matey.gif Thanks for posting your ride out thumb.gif
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Thanks for posting

As a kid I used to walk to that cafe from a village called Saltfleet further up the coast. Used to eat chips sat on those steps, you have brought back some happy memories.

Looks like a good day out
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Nice one, good weather and pretty clear roads.

I like the loud indicator clicks, sounds like you have a zip or summat flapping in the wind and knocking against the camera.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

burgerman
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda FJS600 Silverwing

Post by burgerman »

Bluebottle wrote:Thanks for posting

As a kid I used to walk to that cafe from a village called Saltfleet further up the coast. Used to eat chips sat on those steps, you have brought back some happy memories.
That's some walk! I reckon about 8 or 9 miles each way. Then again, some of us oldies never minded that sort of thing.
Can you imagine the 'yoof' of today wanting to walk that sort of distance?! Some of 'em would struggle to walk to Saltfleetby!! :D
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander......sometimes it buggers off completely!!
You can't avoid growing up, but you can be immature all your life!

gromet

Post by gromet »

Hi Poldark, not a zip, but the bottom of my helmet occasionally hitting the top of the camera. Still working to get the mount right...it was OK on the Harley but the sitting position is a bit different on the scoot. Should have it sorted by the next time I take some vid, although I have had on occasion the safety line rattling on the camera like in the Wetwang video which is very annoying when the video comes out quite good and all you can hear is tap..tap..tap.
Bluebottle, Quite a long walk that as burgerman said, I once walked from Anderby Creek to Mablethorpe on a very hot sunny day and that was bad enough. Talking of which I think it is high time I took the scoot for a run to Anderby and had a cuppa in the cafe, maybe take a bit of video of the up and down coast road between there and Mablethorpe.
Trev

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Thanx for the vid must say its got good pic quality .

gromet

Post by gromet »

Hi Ferret, Been paying about with video for a few years now and I have found that it is best if filming in HD to keep it that way when you edit and upload. I do all my video's in 1920* HD, they come of the camera as a .mov file so I edit them and keep the file format of 1920* HD .mov when I encode them. The only problem with this is the size of the file's, an average 30min video can be 3 Gigabyte's and unless you have a decent internet connection it will take quite a while to upload them to Utube. If you watch them on Utube they seem to lose some of the quality when Utube re-encode's them, that's if you watch them on a normal monitor, but if you have a LCD TV and a tivo box (you can access Utube on this) they seem to play with almost the same quality that you uploaded them at. It almost like Utube re-codes them for better quality on the TV..weird. After about four years now, I have come to the conclusion that chest mounts are the best way to go, I have tried helmet mounts and also direct mounting to the bike, the latter suffer's severer problems with vibration usually and tends to make the video very blurry.
Trev