Back on the 650 Exec

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
wuffstuff
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Back on the 650 Exec

Post by wuffstuff »

I picked it up on Saturday in all its shiny blackness. It has some wind deflector things on the side and I had my Garmin 590 satnav fitted properly. It immediately felt like a toy after the Triumph Trophy.

After the ride home (25 miles) I was overjoyed with the ease of mobility compared to said Triumph. It is just so easy to ride, and a lot more fun than the sanitised Triumph. They seem to have completely removed the suspension on this model though and the wind deflectors just don't do anything. Still, the joy of improved control and management in 30 limits, the ability to move the bike around and the extra mpg's will help. It no longer feels like a toy, but it still feels very small after the Triumph. I couldn't fit the old Suzuki topbox as they have altered the bolts and spacers (from the 2012 model) such that if fitted, the box would be about 11/2 inches too high with a huge gap behind the seat and above the rear end. More cost.

I did 300 miles today to warm it up a bit. Some twisties and some motorway to balance the bedding in process. Absolutely crackin' fun, especially the twisty bits. This model seems easier in the corners to me but it could just be the lighter weight and additional manoeuvrability of the scoot. Of course, keeping the revs below 4000 is a pain but only one more journey and the 600 miles is done.

I like it more than I did before and I hope to keep this one for a bit. I'll let you know how it goes.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with their experience.

x10350
Current Ride: x10 350

Re: Back on the 650 Exec

Post by x10350 »

Enjoy ...Great machine!

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Well done on your new bike, photos please when you get the chance
There seems to be some tasty deals on these at the moment, a great scooter. I tried the old model a couple of years ago and was impressed with that one, but some of the complaints about the old model apparently have been addressed. When my bones get more creaky I could well be looking at one of these.
icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

Raven
Current Ride: Vespa SS180 - Kawasaki 1400GTR

Post by Raven »

Enjoy your new scooter icon_clap.gif icon_thumbs_up.gif

Photos please :D :D

Raven

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Wuffstuff, glad you like it. There are definitely some good improvements over the older model, great though that was. Do keep posting to let us all know how you continue to gel with your new steed. Great stuff and thanks for the update!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Congratulations on your new bike.... icon_thumbs_up.gif
SEAT MO

Will

Post by Will »

x10350 wrote:Enjoy ...Great machine!
Great Wuffstuff Good to here your comments on your new bike. My New White Burgman 650 was delivered out to me yesterday by the dealer, I have only moved it into my garage for now, I was planning a ride out on it today, but the weather here is miserable, so will have to wait another day till the rain stops. Itching to get out on it. :D
Will

icarter73

Post by icarter73 »

wuffstuff,

Any pics of the satnav fitted ? would like to see how it fits and where it fits to using what gadgets to fix it to the burgman