12/07/14 - Essex / Hertfordshire Ride

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: 12/07/14 - Essex / Hertfordshire Ride

Post by michaelphillips »

Funkycowie wrote:I am going to see if it happens again as it could have been a bit of excess grease having worked its way out and caused the belt to slip...

Any way I am going to post a new ride for the other way round for any one who missed the first or those who want to try the marathon run again! This time I am going to be more strict on stops :D
good idea to try again.. sometimes a change of oil can do the trick, i wont be able to do the marathon again :( with my muscle damage to my lower back i generally get around 100 miles before the pain gets too bad, getting too old :lol: :lol: not sure how far the pie and mash run is will have to have a look :D as back from hols on 23rd of august.. it was a great day funky .. would not have missed it for all the tea in china.. i think a meet up lower london to go see brighton would be a good run or any coastal run where you can have a few hrs there would be great. anyways thinking aloud :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

Mister Funky - as others have already said - it was a fab route with a great bunch of guys. I particularly enjoyed the core muscle exercises that a full bladder and a few potholed roads offered. Next time I'll remember NOT to drink 5 cups of coffee before we start. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and great to be able to put faces to names. It was well worth the 900 mile round trip. Sincere thanks. G
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

It was great to meet you too, thank you for travelling all that way :D
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

To be honest after the run I had, I'd be happy just going up the B184 to Saffron Waldon then back down the same way - it's a lovely road...

I think it was about 70miles in all.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

What more stops or less ☺
Maximum respect

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I often do that Stephen, it is a nice road usually only go on the stretch between A11 and Thaxted, this ride was the first time going on a stretch beyond that.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

If you want to do a run to Brighton I can always put on a barbecue
Maximum respect

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Sounds like a plan,, MICHAEL!!!
ImageImageImageImage

spaceprobe
Benefactor

Post by spaceprobe »

anonstarter wrote:Mister Funky - as others have already said - it was a fab route with a great bunch of guys. I particularly enjoyed the core muscle exercises that a full bladder and a few potholed roads offered. Next time I'll remember NOT to drink 5 cups of coffee before we start. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and great to be able to put faces to names. It was well worth the 900 mile round trip. Sincere thanks. G
Hope you got back safe and sound. R
Maximum respect

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

I had an easy 7 hour ride back to Cornwall from Whitstable, thanks Rob. The wind was behind me and it was cloudy and dry. On the M25 there was major congestion and my SYM Citycom filtered through it all with aplomb. It even managed to keep up with a white Honda Integra and a Green Kawasaki Sport bike (It did cross my mind that it might've been DougL and chum?). Generally the traffic was very busy and on quite a few roads it was crawling along for miles - especially at Stonehenge. If I was in my car I reckon it would've taken 2 hours longer! All in all it was a perfect day for Scootouring. riding.gif Brighton next for me I think! :D
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.