Hello, glad to find you.

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
twowheelsgood
Current Ride: Yamaha Giggle 50cc

Re: Hello, glad to find you.

Post by twowheelsgood »

Well! Thanks for the generous welcomes. :)

tbh, I half expected to come pack to some serious micky taking. Don't know what I was thinking but the relevance of "Maxi" in the forum name just didn't register. I just noticed something about a more mature approach and though, "at last".

Perhaps I though the "maxi" referred to the extent of your collective muppetness. ;)

Thanks especially for the techy info michaelphillips.

The easily sorted restrictor is indeed a washer between the variator sheaves. Taking that out took it from 29 - 35mph.

As you suggest the rev limiter is not such an easy limit to bypass but the trick will be to get the best within that rev range. There is little to be done on the fuel and breathing side of things due to the electronic fuel control. There are expensive programmable controllers available but I think I would just buy a bigger bike before going that route.

All reports suggest that the Multivar does offer quite an all round performance improvement though. Mine arrived today so I will soon let you know. I aren't looking to wring the last drop out of it, I would like an regularly achievable 40mph while maintaining climbing abilities.

Stock rollers are 6gm, I have already tried 4gm rollers and now have 5gm Dr Pulley sliders installed. Dr Pulley's giving a smoother delivery but no perceptible performance improvement with the stock variator. Most advice points to Dr P's and multivar with white clutch spring being the way to go. I shall soon see. :)

I did look at the option of the US primary sheave. It would cost almost as much as the Multivar though and not half so interesting. Will keep in mind though.

gn2 makes a good point about the scenery. I have always been a keen touring camper. I have done it in vans, cars, motorcycle, cycle and by foot. I would put by cycle top of my list and by motorcycle at the bottom for many reasons. Scenery and experiencing the countryside I travel through being high among them. I hate motorways and love B roads. On a large mc the concentration required meant I saw little but the riding line.

Believe it or not, I intend to tour and camp on this jumped up hedgetrimmer.

I consider it more a motorised cycle than a low powered motorcycle. 12+ mph up hills with full camping gear will do me fine.

Currently planning a trip along the great glen asap gn2. I have cycled most canal towpaths in the north of england, always intended to do the great glen but didn't get around to it before my legs called it a day.

Just let me get the tuning sorted and I will be off.

Thanks again everyone for tolerating a mini-maxi-muppet.

:)

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Re: Hello, glad to find you.

Post by anonstarter »

icon_cheers.gif Welcome Mister Twowheelsgood. What a great intro and follow up! riding.gif
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.