Hello to one and all

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Stark

Hello to one and all

Post by Stark »

First off, a big fat HELLO to everyone. :D
I'm now in search of a new Scooter having sold my Aprilia Pegaso 660 :cry: Before that I had an Yamaha XT. I tend to hold onto my bikes, I had the Aprilia for 8 years and the XT for about 10 years. I enjoy the agility of trail bikes over the need for speed, however my damn knees, no doubt like many others, are giving me jip. So I sold the bike and went in search of a Scooter. This is how I came across your friendly site.
As you can see from my current ride, I'm on my bicycle :oops:
Without going into the the nitty gritty, I'm down to deciding on to Scoots, the Yamaha X Max and Kawasaki J300. I was ready to buy the X Max but the dealer fell through with the stock that he thought he had. I have ridden both bikes and felt that I enjoyed the X Max over the J300 but to be fair, not being used to riding Scooters, the J300 was the first up and I was riding like a novice, by the time I got to ride the X Max I was more confident. Though tbh I did think the Yam had more agility about it.
So hey, that's where I'm up to, I'll keep you all updated with how I'm getting along.

Advice is always welcome.

SOOTYGULL
Current Ride: Honda Forza 125

Re: Hello to one and all

Post by SOOTYGULL »

Hi Stark.

Yes we are a friendly bunch and all ages are welcome.

As you can see from our posts people are very helpful and there is witty banter; also we have meets and rideouts which are a good way to make new friends and find out what they think of their rides.

I am no expert but have had loads of motorbikes and scooters and am in the process of trading in my Yamaha Tmax (500cc twin) for a Kawasaki J300 - pick it up wednesday.

I have recently been having test rides on the Honda Forza, Kymco Downtown and the J300 and you can see from test ride posts, other peoples opinions ... I also asked folks lots of questions through the Personal Message facility.

Good luck in your search.
Still Scooterin'

pointburgman
Current Ride: BMW R1100RS Trike

Post by pointburgman »

Hi and welcome Stark
Proud To Be a Member Of The Ugly Bunch

I Don't Discriminate, I Hate Everyone

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

Hello and welcome to the icon_muppets.png

there were loads of Maxi Muppets at Lynn's Raven Cafe (Just south of Cheshire) this morning (24th Aug. '14), It's a shame you missed it. :cry:
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

frankiej1949
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by frankiej1949 »

Hi and welcome :D

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Welcome..
Both are great scoots...
The XMax? - the 250 (Had the older '09 model... 80mpg) or the 400 (which I have had for the last year...65-70ish mpg)

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

welcome Stark what ever you choose im sure you will enjoy your experience :D , test as many as you can as they arnt cheap :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi stark and welcome, I have ridden neither of those machines but I understand from reviews here and elsewhere that both are worthy bikes. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

Stark

Post by Stark »

Thank you all for your warm welcomes.

Scootygull, I did read your comments on the bikes you test rode, which steered me off in that direction... I'm now looking at the Kymco Xciting 400i, looks nice, not sure if that's what I want. I can't get it into my head to spend £5000 on a Scooter.

I should be embarressed about not turning to the meet at Lynn's Raven Cafe.. cough.. after all it's only 25min ride from my house, mind, it may of seemed a bit odd turning up on a push bike, hehehe.

Xmaxpaul, it would be intresting to know if the 400 has the same agility as the 250, as it was the 250 sport that I test rode and enjoyed. I would imagine they are about the same in handling with abit more power and a bit more wieght.

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Hi Welcome to the forum. But have done with indecision. Simply get a Burgman 400 . A choice you will never regret. Great bike, fast agile, keep their value. Great respected brand and model.