28/09/14 - Gentlemansride

roygib
Benefactor
Current Ride: sym symphony st Yamaha Tricity

28/09/14 - Gentlemansride

Post by roygib »

Anybody doing the Distinghished gentlemans ride 2014,it's on the 28th,september.I've signed up for the Lancashire ride,it's in aid of prostate cancer,there are rides in all parts of the u/k.Detail:gentlemansride.com.The Yorkshire ride starts in York,finish Squires cafe.

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Re: 28/09/14 - Gentlemansride

Post by Liam »

Like Meldrew says, anything modern looking, machine wise or clothing wise, will be frowned on!
So don't go on your Daelim.
Or it'll be a similar outcome to when I went down the Durham Ox greebo night on my Lambretta in 1978 :lol:

roygib
Benefactor

Post by roygib »

Been on quite a few charity rides when i was the only scooter rider there,always been made very welcome,Phil Youles motorcycles are organising the Manchester ride,they are saying come on any type of bike and wear gear you want.

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

roygib wrote:Been on quite a few charity rides when i was the only scooter rider there,always been made very welcome,Phil Youles motorcycles are organising the Manchester ride,they are saying come on any type of bike and wear gear you want.
But I think this is a charity ride with a difference though.

http://www.gentlemansride.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the Qand A section....
I don’t have a Café Racer, Bobber, classic, retro or custom bike. Can I take part?

The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride is specifically for these types of bikes as it is a piece of theatre as much as it is a ride. The specific, niche look of the bikes matches the ‘dapper’ theme. If you don’t have one of the bikes described, you can always help in other ways, such as with fundraising. We do apologise but ultimately opening the events to the broader 2 wheeled community would be unmanageable.

I think that sounds like a no to modern stuff. thanks very much!
have you registered yet? 33 riders are registered in manchester so far

The video looks good though
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

roygib
Benefactor

Post by roygib »

Hi liam,yes i have made a donation to the event,but not a fund raising account,if it was a no on the scooter,i would have gone on my 1981 yamaha rd350lc.But today i went to the Furness motorcycle show in Barrow and was told about a new motorcycle sprint event at Leighton Hall,Carnforth on the 28th,September,so i think i will be going there,it's nearer home.Would have made a donation to the Gentlemans Ride anyway,had prostate treatment myself at Rosemere Centre,Preston, which me and my wife have raised money for.

ginge
Benefactor
Current Ride: Gilera GP800

Post by ginge »

I've signed up for the Sheffield ride. Ginge.
ENGLAND LOVE IT OR LEAVE

GP800. 0 to Oh my God! Real quick.
[http://www.flickr.com/photos/gingerscoot/

roygib
Benefactor

Post by roygib »

Which bike are you going on Ginge,if you have signed up for a fund raising account,let us know the details and i'll make you a donation.Let's hope the weather holds for the 28th.