maxi-muppets on facebook

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
curzon
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 - K9

Re: maxi-muppets on facebook

Post by curzon »

I`m on it, not for everyday dribble, but its handy for keeping up to date with my various other interests and keeping in contact with the kids/grandchildren
each to their own I say
Never look down on anyone ........ unless it is to help them up

pikey

Post by pikey »

Its had complete opposite effect on Vespa Gts owners forum its dying a death Facebook page very busy .Reason most are using phones and Facebook easy on a phone and replys come more quickly .

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I agree with Meldrew, MM the Forum and Facebook group should be used hand in hand, and if you dislike facebook then it doesn't matter as everyone has phones to keep in touch for up to the second communication ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

The good thing about facebook is if ya post something you usually get a straight answer, it stays on topic and if ya get pissed off you can delete ya posts! It is an age thing, most forums dying a death as facebooks instant, pics easier to post etc etc, the folk here are mostly old and set in there ways, hate change and like to moan a lot and shoot things down before anything gets a chance to take off, I much prefer facebook, I only pop in here for minutes at a time as it gets a bit samey on most posts time and time again1
Dezzie

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

Well said Meldrew, i love Facebook and i use other social media forums
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

bikerdezzie wrote:The good thing about facebook is if ya post something you usually get a straight answer, it stays on topic and if ya get pissed off you can delete ya posts! It is an age thing, most forums dying a death as facebooks instant, pics easier to post etc etc, the folk here are mostly old and set in there ways, hate change and like to moan a lot and shoot things down before anything gets a chance to take off, I much prefer facebook, I only pop in here for minutes at a time as it gets a bit samey on most posts time and time again1
By your statement you are missing part of the point of MM, digression and banter, has always been key. Unless you see a change that I do not?

Facebook is worse for sameyness... I have belonged to a few FB groups but never stay long in big groups because people posted the same old stuff so frequently I would see the same meme's or video's posted a few times a day, you have no search function to find similar issues if you have any with your bike and people get tired of repeating the same old stuff over and over. In small groups people rarely post.

Facebook is fine for socializing but forums are ideal for knowledge storage and the ability to easily keep track of conversations.

I can set the forum so people can delete their own posts if people wish

The forum has always been set to allow the uploading of pictures to the server, it can be made easier to do if others wish.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Being able to delete my own posts would be great! Saves having to come back later reading through stuff that's off on a tangent!
Dezzie

gn2

Post by gn2 »

If you want to do Facebook, do Facebook, if you want to do MM do MM, if you want to do both do both.
But don't contaminate this fine place with your Facebook shite.

Facebook is an utterly vile and repugnant organisation imo so I never use it.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Google + anyone?
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

I think GN2 has it exactly right - do Facebook if it suits you. If it doesn't, then don't. Personally I found Bikerdezzies generalisation a bit aggressive and there's never a reason for that by anyone.

Some very good points made by Mr. Meldrew.