Forza 125 UK Announcement

For members who own little scooters.
michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: Forza 125 UK Announcement

Post by michaelphillips »

the 125cc sector in europe and the 150cc elsewhere has always been an important and lucrative business for mr honda and yamaha , suzuki have a smidgen and kwaka none, that said its all down to your needs, the newest breed of 125cc return 30 miles per litre of fuel. £4000 is 300cc territory , give it six months to see on prices, i wonder how they project new sales volume on production levels, and how the production levels taper off, i would think the forza 125 was a nightmare to predict :cry:
StephenC my brain not working :D what is the honda pcx 150 power to weight :?:
pcx 150 is 10 kW (13.5 hp) @ 8,500 rpm :kiss:
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

StephenC wrote:Comparing the two (source Honda UK)

PCX - 10.7hp, 12nm 130kgs £2699
Forza -14hp, 12nm 162kgs £3999

Power to weight comes out as 12.1 kgs/hp on the PCX versus 11.5 kg/hp on the Forza.
Add the weight of a rider (say 80kg) and do the sums again.....

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

All very interesting points just made above, Muppets.

I want the storage and the full fairing at the front, without the gap 'tween the lower fairing and the handlebars. This rules out the SH125 and similar. Perhaps the fixtures and fittings and the fully faired design go some way to justifying that extra cost. The Honda badge alone must count for part of the cost - though I know some will argue the rise of the RoC and Sym etc., quality wise.

I can't see the price of the Forza coming down, can you? It certainly is in 300cc territory. All By-Our-Lady (bloody) dilemmas!

Then come end of 2015, the Africa twin is released from its slumber, I'm digressing and harkingf back to me Tenere/GS days.

So............ Perhaps the PCX will give me that frontal fairing and more storage than what I have and save that £1300. Would have to fit another screen.

There is so much out there at the moment - it helps being on this gem of a forum.

:kiss:

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

the way I see it is,, everyone is saying its too expensive including me. Ive not ridden one (yet), but Im sure its a top notch scooter, it certainly looks it. Its not much dearer than the s-wing its replacing which is a fantastic scoot. Its also quicker,and more economical than the s-wing, so if you want an 'executive' scoot you have to pay 'executive ' prices.
The other way of looking at it is if youve got 3 grand to spend get a sh 125 or a PCX, but if youve got another grand to spend, Im sure the forza wont disappoint.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

horobags wrote:Im sure the forza wont disappoint.
However good it is, IMO no 125 is worth four grand :o

pikey

Post by pikey »

Second that Jaz £1500 second hand will get you a really nice 125 .

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

i had similar feelings when i went to the honda site and the UK site has/shows exactly what you mention, why dont they update there UK site for MPH speedo versions....
this is the pcx 125/150 speedo as you would get on a 2015 model
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

pikey

Post by pikey »

They are selling old model Vespa gts 300 for £3999 that's a better buy

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Daelim S3 Advance 250 for £3300 is even better.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

gn2 wrote:Daelim S3 Advance 250 for £3300 is even better.
Only if you disregard the return on your money when you come to sell on or p/x. In which case the initial saving on the Daelim is going to look pretty poor, I'd wager.

EDIT: quick search on Auto Trader throws up a rough comparison on similar size & mileage:

Daelim S 250cc 2014, 550 miles £2495 (new now £3299)
Vespa GTS 300 Super, 2013, 350 miles, £3699 (new now £4699)

So that's £800 dropped in a year for the Daelim and £1k in TWO years for the Vespa. I'd hate to think about the relative values in, say, 5 years?
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should