Brisk Racing Plugs

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
frankiej1949
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Brisk Racing Plugs

Post by frankiej1949 »

Just had an expensive lesson. on the first service, 4000 miles I gave the mechanic the brisk plugs to install, he said are you sure? I said yes as I had used them in both the X10350 and the 500. What a mistake just cost me £45 to have NGK's put back. The burg with the brisk lost power at critical times i.e. when going to overtake, the engine braking was interrmittent (sometimes felling it was going to cut out and no engine braking). I thought it was the breather pipe on the fuel tank as I thought it was fuel starvation caused by a vacuum. To my surprise returning to NGK's returned the burg back to its former self + a littel more. The moral is beware the Brisk!!!

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Re: Brisk Racing Plugs

Post by Liam »

I put Brisk in my mk2 Tmax. Done 600 miles plus. No problems so far.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

frankie which ones did you buy?
pointburgman had no issues http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... 49&t=16181
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

frankiej1949
Benefactor

Post by frankiej1949 »

As stated Liam they were ok in my X's but did not suit the Burgman. Mike i bought the brisk equivalent to the NGK. The Suzuki mechanic who actually who works on a race team at weekends does not rate Brisk plugs. He swears by NGK and I have to admit that going back to NGK the scoot has that awesome power and smoothness again.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

are they NGK iridium Frank ??
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

Thats interesting Frankie has you know i put one in the 400 and was very impressed. When I picked up the 600 I found the throttle response and take up to be so smooth I have not changed the plugs. So perhaps its a matter if things are running well leave well alone, with the 400 there was a slight throttle lag at slow speeds and the Brisk fixed that straight away.
Maximum respect

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

I'd say it's more likely you had a faulty Brisk plug. Never heard of a Brisk causing any issues Frank. We used to use them in our bench test engines periodically too for very specific testing reasons. The Brisk is the benchmark plug. However, if she's going ok on the NGK's stick with them.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I also think your plugs may have been faulty. I must admit though for some strange reason some machines just have a plug preference ,my T140 v triumph would only run nicely on champion plugs . I fitted brisk to my srv at the last service and must say i had a marked improvement over the ngk iridiums that were fitted , as with anything everyone has a personal preference . enjoy

ba249k
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman AN 400 ZA

Post by ba249k »

I have just ordered and received a Brisk AOR14LGS-NC Spark Plug (NC - no cap) from WTV-UK £14 delivered.
Not fitted it yet as I want to try a direct comparison to the NGK Irdium I currently have fitted.
I'll report back soon!

frankiej1949
Benefactor

Post by frankiej1949 »

I complained to the seller on ebay. He told me I had bought the wrong ones and should have consulted him before. I did check on the Brisk site and ordered the corresponding Brisk to the suzuki recommended NGK.