Passed A1 and CBT

For members who own little scooters.
labrat
Current Ride: Xevo 125

Passed A1 and CBT

Post by labrat »

Hi there guys

I passed my CBT IN November 2011 and was then riding a Piaggio Xevo with L plates.

I then passed my A1 on this bike which then allowed me to get rid of the L plates.

My insurance is up for renewal and have been told by them that I need an in date CBT because I only have a provisional licence. I explained that I have passed my A1 test for 125 automatic but was told that I stilk need to do a CBT.

Is this correct? If so what is the point of passing a test.

Thanks

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: Passed A1 and CBT

Post by rtfm »

If you've passed your test and have a full auto A1 licence then no you don't need the cbt.

I think they're probably just a bit confused as to your licence status.

Ferrit
Current Ride: MP3 400ie

Post by Ferrit »

Did you not tell them when you got your full licence?
2013 Mp3 500sport
2007 MP3 400ie

A less than Civil Servant
Herts & Beds SERV

labrat

Post by labrat »

Thats what I thought, ive just rang up another insurer and they say it will go down as me still having a provisional but confirm I dont need a CBT.

I told them when I passed my A1 over the phone but they were adamant that I need a new CBT.

Thanks

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

if i am right as long as you passed your A1 within the 2 years of taking your CBT then you have an A1 licence and dont need to do a CBT again

The A1 Motorcycle Licence is available for people aged 17 or above who only want to ride a scooter/moped or motorbike with a maximum engine size of up to 125cc.

Many people consider the A1 licence as a so called ‘permanent CBT', with the added privilege of being able to use motorways, and carry pillion passenger's.

Following European Legislation changes in January 2013, the A1 Motorcycle Licence is the only motorbike licence available to those people between 17 and 18 years of age.

You can choose take your A1 Motorcycle test on either a manual or an automatic motorbike. If you choose take your test on a manual motorcycle and pass, you can then ride either automatic scooters/mopeds or manual motorbikes. However if you decided to pass your test on an automatic, you will be limited to only automatic motorbikes and scooters only.
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

You have a full licence for the class of machine you ride, therefore no CBT is required.

labrat

Post by labrat »

Thank you guys for clearing that up for me. If I did need another CBT there would be no point doing the test!

The insurance company have lost my business.

I rang another company and at first they were also stating that I didnt have a full licence but went away to speak to a supervisor, who then confirmed it was fine. Think the insurance companies need to sort their s@#t out.

After the initial call I thought id been riding without valid insurance and got worried as I needto use it again this weekend.

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

No CBT needed, try another insurance company if this one doesn't have a clue.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services

pikey

Post by pikey »

Do it online lot easier

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Further to Pikey's suggestion, when it asks if you have a full licence the answer is yes.