Anyone up for an adventure

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Re: Anyone up for an adventure

Post by Liam »

I do notice that peterp1per never comes online at the same time as fatcatlawyer.

It's like a scooter version of Psycho! :shock:

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

pikey wrote:I'd sorn it personally.
With no contact from him, I'd report it stolen.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Liam
Benefactor

Post by Liam »

Steve_D wrote:
pikey wrote:I'd sorn it personally.
With no contact from him, I'd report it stolen.
fatcatlawyer led the Derbyshire run. Was he on the missing Burgman??
I didn't go cos I was in Belgium but I know Alan zoomzoom met him.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Chippy is the best ride leader

Liam
Benefactor

Post by Liam »

chippie wrote:
pikey wrote:Chippy is the best ride leader
True words for once!
And it's Chippie!
Don't let him rile you Frank! :lol:

pikey

Post by pikey »

That's how we spell Chippy in the Black Country

Peterp1per
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Peterp1per »

I really don't care about the bike, if I never see it again I couldn't care less. As things stand fatcat owns the bike. I gave it to him gratis so he could add it to his insurance for the delivery trip.

There is no chance whatsoever of me being liable for any road traffic offences despite being the registered keeper as I am in another european country and any NIP's would simply be sent to owner/rider if they turned up at the registered address in the uk. My only obligation is to tax it if it is insured and has an mot. Obviously if at any time it does not then I couldn't do this, and would be obliged to sorn it if it were not on the MID database as this is an offence in itself.

SORNing it while it is still otherwise legal is just being shitty for the sake of 30 quid. I have many more pressing vehicle related problems than this one.

For example getting an L12 Burgman 400 onto Portuguese plates, does anyone know how to get the odometer to read in KM instead of Miles? I guess the speedo needs a total physical replacement to get the scale in KpH only, but the other thing must just be software.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Let me get this straight. You gave your bike to someone you had never met who lives in another country to the one you are living in and who refuses to make contact with you. You are still the registered keeper, you continue to pay the road tax and you think you are not liable In any way? You must be mad. Fatcat(so-called)lawyer must be ignorant of the law too. If he is the owner and user he has a legal duty to register it in his name. I bet you don't even have proof of his name and address, do you?

Just one question: What address would the police rush to to make an arrest if that bike crashes into a queue of children standing at a bus stop, killing them all? You must be a retarded fucking idiot.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Peterp1per wrote:I gave it to him gratis so he could add it to his insurance for the delivery trip.
Doesn't really stand up.
If you gave him the scooter, why would he go to great inconvenience to travel abroad simply to hand it back?
Ownership really isn't the issue though, Its all about who the registered keeper is and whether the registered keeper has fulfilled their legal obligations.
Peterp1per wrote:There is no chance whatsoever of me being liable for any road traffic offences despite being the registered keeper
If another rider commits an offence, as registered keeper you are obliged to disclose the identity of who was riding it at the time of the offence.
If you are unable to provide that information, you are guilty of an offence.
You are also obliged to ensure that the vehicle is road legal and that the rider has the required licence and is covered by insurance.
If you cannot do this, again its an offence.
Unless the vehicle was reported stolen or taken without your consent?
Your consent is to be found here on this forum......
Peterp1per wrote: as I am in another european country and any NIP's would simply be sent to owner/rider if they turned up at the registered address in the uk. My only obligation is to tax it if it is insured and has an mot.
No, as registered keeper you are obliged to update DVLA of any permanent change of address or any change of keeper.
Failure to do so is an offence.
Peterp1per wrote:Obviously if at any time it does not then I couldn't do this, and would be obliged to sorn it if it were not on the MID database as this is an offence in itself.
You can only SORN it if you know it is not on the road.
As you don't know where it is, you cannot SORN it without commiting an offence.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Peterp1per wrote: For example getting an L12 Burgman 400 onto Portuguese plates, does anyone know how to get the odometer to read in KM instead of Miles? I guess the speedo needs a total physical replacement to get the scale in KpH only, but the other thing must just be software.
This MAY help ....... http://burgmanusa.com/forums/23-newbie- ... h-mph.html
Have wheels, will travel :D