Touring Alps on the Bev 350

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
pikey

Touring Alps on the Bev 350

Post by pikey »

My latest fantasy hoping they drop in value more than Vespa gts might get second hand bargain next year

mr fish
Current Ride: CRF1000l Africa twin MSX125

Re: Touring Alps on the Bev 350

Post by mr fish »

I fancy a trip to italy on mine , maybe down to Sicily thats the trip i had planned on my yam tenere before i rode it through a wall :-)

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Riding a 125 will be more of an adventure.My Honda sh will be going back to wear it was built.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

mr fish

Post by mr fish »

I would do it on anything 125cc and above ;-)

pikey

Post by pikey »

It's all down to time away you have available or your stamina .125 doing 200 miles a day will take 5 days to get down to Rome from Calais

pikey

Post by pikey »

The man from Greece he say yes

mr fish

Post by mr fish »

I love his quality test ...punch it lol

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

This guy should be head tester for MCN. It would be far more fun reading the reviews! :D

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

Having just completed a trip from Portugal, over the Pyrenees (Isaba), via Biscarrosse back to Calais and the tunnel on my SYM 2011/GTS300 may I add my observations:

a) Buy a decent screen, and sufficient ear protection that continuous day-in, day-out riding is comfortable for noise levels.
b) Taking D roads in France is better but take longer. Most are very good, but mid/lower France some are rough and slow. Allow extra time if you do this, then add more extra time.
c) Clutches - powering round steep hairpins is fine if you have a slow lazy clutch like the GTS300. A high revving 125cc clutch might overheat and get grabby so think about your clutch and take de-glazing tools with you if you think you'll need them. The Bev 350 will be fine BTW.
d) Storage space. I bought a £38 50L topbox from eBay and it was superb: do it. Add hooks for bungies on it too.
e) Mileage: the miles you get from 95 and 98 ron tanks are NOT the same, you may become stranded on 95 ;)
f) Find a place to carry a U lock that doesn't need full luggage removal to access.
g) Buy and use a wrist-rest on the throttle (oxford etc).

Also choose a comfortable lid - comfort is the key here.
I also found wind buffeting noise quite annoying after a while, so try to choose roads with nothing in front of you, ideally with still air, I enjoyed gliding along those with the CVT it's like riding a jet plane. Things that are fine for 20 minutes (a bit chilly, loud air, comfortable seat etc) really start to notice after an hour or two.

pikey

Post by pikey »

I'd never do long haul again. Ferry to Spain this April and straight off into Northern Spain on a 200 cc was just right great got choice of Pyrenees or Spanish Picos or stay on coast .