WK BIKES

For members who own little scooters.
Scootypuff snr

WK BIKES

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Still on with my search for a new scoot. 8-)

Via T&G magazine I've come across the WK bikes GTR300 retails @ £2299.

Again another unknown brand to me though reviews seem favourable but not outstanding.

Any knowledge on the forum

H

Deleted User 4154

Re: WK BIKES

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

If it uses CFmoto mechanicals like their 650 then it is best avoided IMO. CFmoto are amongst the very worst Chinese engines I have encountered.

Also bear in mind that it will have the same resale value as a cinema hotdog once you've ridden it out of the dealership.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

well Scootypuff snr, if you looking at stepthrough`s then as you are near Kent : the Sym City Com 300i is a great scoot and powerful to boot, there`s a 2011 in south east london, with full service history and 16,000 miles on the clock, the pipe might want changing depends how fussy you are, but at around £1100 will be a great scoot as the mechanicals have been well looked after and bulletproof engine.
depends if you want to buy new and how much you want to spend :?:
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

i personally think buying cheap Chinese scooters is like burning your notes, i would stick to known manufactures for that piece of mind knowing you have quality build and reliability there and it wont de-value majorly compared to the unknown Chinese manufactures .

they are ok for a little run around e.g work horse but nothing more. if you really want one buy it second hand so you got nout to lose.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

It's a 300 (275cc) with only a little more than a 125 power output at less than 17 bhp.
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

bornagainbiker wrote:It's a 300 (275cc) with only a little more than a 125 power output at less than 17 bhp.
wow, even my 29 year old Fusion can top that (244cc/19BHP°)!

*not taking into account the horses that have escaped over the years, obviously.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Jaz they detuned them slightly for reliability

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Cheers folks reaffirmed my view Chinese builds still aren't worth the effort (at the moment)

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

Scootypuff snr wrote:Cheers folks reaffirmed my view Chinese builds still aren't worth the effort (at the moment)
sorry did not put up the link for the three near you, which you may be interested in, the second and third tmax`s one a late mark2 and the other a mk3 at sondel yamaha are over priced so money off could easily be sought, the first is the stepthru i posted earlier but forgot to put the link and its not chinese :) and full service history and a snip of a price:)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sym-City-Com- ... 35ea2abdf7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XP-500 ... 1c52cfc434

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XP-500 ... 1c534c9c1a

ones to go look at as near you :)
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

@michaelphillips

Thanks for those links, much appreciated. I've been trawling ads as I was originally after a burgman 200 but they are far and few between and a few dogs amongst the pedigrees.

I looked at a Burgman 400 at Robinsons Canterbury had a maxi muppets logo on No plate. Boy was it a shed IMO at silly money.