This is why i gave up biking for a while

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: This is why i gave up biking for a while

Post by Funkycowie »

Nah thats the first TMax I lost thanks to the driver not knowing where he is going and not looking when changing is mind at the last second.

As for putting myself up the inside of the car in the incident you are on about. Its a 40mph section of road from all sides, all roads have 2 lane exits and entrances. I joined the roundabout behind the car and accelerated to match their speed. What only a couple of people realised is that I was on the brakes trying to stop the inevitable as soon as the car started to move across whilst changing indicators very late. The driver slowed down considerably causing me to end up with my front wheel beside the rear of the car before I could lose much speed as my rear wheel locked. (30 mph in a 40).

Due to the drivers positioning, indication and direction of their wheels my prediction was that they were carrying on around or at worst going to take the right lane of the exit. I was mislead by the driver in to predicting the wrong thing, otherwise I would have stayed further back.

I commute daily. I get car drivers all the time positioning themselves in my blind spot, putting me in their blind spot or driving badly around me. This causes me to then react to their crappy driving and I can do this because I have predicted it. We all have to be ultra predictive, But you can't always predict stupid 100% of the time.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

gn2

Post by gn2 »

I remember the video well.
I also remember the picture I posted.
The incident was absolutely your own fault.
It does you no credit that you are still attempting to pursue the car driver when it has been clearly shown to you that it was your mistake which caused that incident.
If you are confident you are not at fault, why then delete the thread and remove the video?

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I disagree, people who know more than you disagree, thats all I am concerned about.

As for not leaving it up as I said the case is on going and I only want it available when things are finalised, at what stage its at is none of your business. you're being a twunt.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Funkycowie wrote:I disagree, people who know more than you disagree, thats all I am concerned about.

As for not leaving it up as I said the case is on going and I only want it available when things are finalised, at what stage its at is none of your business. you're being a twunt.
Be sure you let us know how you get on, in a fair fight I know who my money would be on.

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Then you'd lose
ImageImageImageImage

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Funkycowie wrote:Then you'd lose
You've already lost, it was you wot went over the railings after all :lol:
Have you made your video available to the other side?
Will you be presenting it in court?
If not why not?

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

God this forums getting full of bellends, every time am on there's a feckin debate over some shite or other, am surprised anyone stays or is it just the anally retentive lot wanting it all for themselves, always some fecker wanting a fight on here it boils my piss.
Dezzie

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

bikerdezzie wrote:God this forums getting full of bellends, every time am on there's a feckin debate over some shite or other, am surprised anyone stays or is it just the anally retentive lot wanting it all for themselves, always some fecker wanting a fight on here it boils my piss.
:lol: debate closed :lol:

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I for one hope Dezzie keeps logging in, he brings us lots of information on scoots and interesting articles. I also feel there can be a lot of nit picking which isnt called for on here.
You would think that considering we all have an interest in the same thing (maxi scoots) that there should be an air of camaraderie between us instead of trying to 'trip each other' up at the slightest opportunity.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

pikey

Post by pikey »

It's bellends keep this forum going as apart from advice on what new scooter to buy not a lot else goes on .