2014 lexmoto dart

For members who own little scooters.
Mark
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sharing daughters lexmoto Dart

2014 lexmoto dart

Post by Mark »

Evening all,
As you knew i bought my daughter a brand new lexmoto dart.

Well still going well. Used everyday since march 1 2015 in all weathers. Is is kept in garage overnight. Its just covered over 3000 kilometers and the back tyre was bold in the middle as my daughter rides it responsible lol. Ie shes worn out the chicken strip :D

Apart from coming off it 4 times down both sides twice its still fine touch wood. She has now though had enough of getting wet everyday and wants to learn to drive :o :shock:

She fancies a 2 seater smart car and being an automatic as is the scooter she thinks she has what it takes :roll:

So if anybody has any reservations on chinese scooters lexmoto to be more specific, get one !!
Current ride 2011 Honda Lead 110.
Previous scooters include, Honda Pantheon FES125 2003, Gilera Runner 180sp 2002. Suzuki AP 50 1998.
Previous bikes include, Honda CRF50 2004, Suzuki TS50 X 1989, Honda MTX 125 1986.

Superscoot
Current Ride: Daelim S3 250 and Zontes 125

Re: 2014 lexmoto dart

Post by Superscoot »

10 and a half months and 3000 miles isn't much of a test regarding life expectancy of a motorcycle or scooter

Lexmoto are regarded as being the lowest of the low of motorcycles by many people - including owners of them - no shortage of gripes on youtube and forums - can't see the scooters being much better, unless they come from a different Chinese factory than the motorcycles

I own a Chinese made 125cc motorcycle - but it isn't a shitty Lexmoto
Screw the EU

I have no problem with authority, I just don't like being told what to do
... anarchist joke

pikey

Post by pikey »

3000 km's not miles 1864 miles

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Had a smart car, great with a remap but get low mileage as most tend to cause problems at 60k miles if driving the older versions. No idea about the newer but loved mine and would have another.
Dezzie

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Pat had to have a new engine in her Smart car as well and it was taken care of by the lads garage..
Mind they are only a fridge pump motor.

Superscoot
Current Ride: Daelim S3 250 and Zontes 125

Post by Superscoot »

pikey wrote:3000 km's not miles 1864 miles
Thanks for the correction - even less of a recommendation, as to durability

As the scooter has a 1 year guarantee and only costs about £1,000, I suppose you could say it's only £20 pounds a week depreciation, even if it ends up as scrap after the first year

The main thing is that the scooter is not off the road a lot due to faults in the first year
Screw the EU

I have no problem with authority, I just don't like being told what to do
... anarchist joke

pikey

Post by pikey »

I'm with you was going to post the same .There's a young lad in local scooter club has got through 2 of them knackered one then brought another

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

Best 200 quid i ever spent was a remap, this also affected the speed of the auto gear change from dangerously slow as standard to considerably quicker, made it into the car it should be and gained an extra 10bhp and fuel consumption was even better.
Dezzie

bikerdezzie

Post by bikerdezzie »

For me at a busy roundabout say, in auto mode you would floor it and there would be a massive delay similar to a scooter but to the point of barely moving and ya had cars barreling towards me at a rate of knots it was unnerving, i did not like it until i sorted it out, other than that i loved it when it had been tuned.
Dezzie

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Pat got the Smart S/H at 27000miles, at 29000 even with a full service by the lad included a sump drop and weld in a drain for ease of oil change, the turbo went west..it used to eat spark plugs also. she loved it thou, Tony and i bought her a set of nice Ali wheels for it for Crissy.