Honda X-ADV Finally Unveiled

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Re: Honda X-ADV Finally Unveiled

Post by bikerdezzie »

I agree with ya grumpy, i would have this over the tmax and i love them also, i guess i have got to the point i hsve waited so long for them to make the tmax sharper and faster too long now its all grown up and sedate its lost its appeal for me even the kymco k50 looks nicer.
Dezzie

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

kayz1 wrote:I don't see the rider foot pegs like in the earlier pictures, and no mention of the built-in satnav.
Chain instead of the toothed belt in the earlier pictures :(
Have wheels, will travel :D

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Meldrew wrote: I'll have to take a wander over to the Honda stand just to overhear they're saying about it.
Message me what day you're going bud, I'll pop over for a brew 'n shoot the breeze for a while
Have wheels, will travel :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote:Like the spoke wheels / usd forks / radial brakes / dct transmission
Dislike the boxy topbox
Hideous isn't it!!!! No doubt Givi will do something fairly pronto - I guess all they have to do is come up with a specific mounting bracket and then their standard cases will fit on. No, I wouldn't fit those aluminium box things that are so trendy!!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The Bern wrote:
Chain instead of the toothed belt in the earlier pictures :(
The chain is remarkably shrouded - in fact you can hardly see its a chain at all. I guess that's a good thing??

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

MrGrumpy wrote:I must admit to being quite tempted by the X-ADV :o :o - as a Tmax fanatic this is quite something!

It finally looks like a semi-sensible package for the NC engine and DCT transmission that have always intrigued me. Hell, even the dubious off-road capabilities might mean its a good thing for the bumpy muddy back roads I always seem to be riding along! Not sure I fancy cleaning wire wheels though. Having a chain is a drawback but I guess that a Scottoiler or similar will take care of that for the most part.
On the France trip this year , on the way down me(integra) and chippie(t-max) swapped over for 20 miles or so. I was amazed by the t-max's performance and handling, chippie couldnt get back on his t-max quick enough. The honda low down grunt and dct isnt as enjoyfull as the sporty cvt t-max, but one thing that might be a big factor is the honda can do up to 80 mpg, much more than the t-max.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Re: Scottoiler Mr Grumpy Sir, can't fit one unless it is the electronic one as there is no where to fit a vacuum nipple on the NC motor. There is another electronic oiler and it is cheaper that of the Scot..
Lyn.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Loads of x-adv pics on the hondanews.eu site i think about 83, Defo lost it's rider foot pegs, a few interesting add-ons. Honda top boxes and engine/frame bars that lights can fit on..Be a bit expensive being Honda thou.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Looks lush on the numerous videos on youtube now especially in red.
Dezzie

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

kayz1 wrote:Re: Scottoiler Mr Grumpy Sir, can't fit one unless it is the electronic one as there is no where to fit a vacuum nipple on the NC motor. There is another electronic oiler and it is cheaper that of the Scot..
Lyn.
Ta - I'll try and remember that if I ever need that info!