MaxSym 600.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Re: MaxSym 600.

Post by Globs »

Burgman1958 wrote:Oh, and Sym obviously have enough faith in them to offer a five-year warranty.
I never said they were Chinese Lol, I own two SYMs myself ;)

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Globs: Whoops! Misread your post. I thought you were saying they are Chinese. Having re-read it I can see you were not saying that at all. Sorry!

I've heard it a few times though. Hey, look at a map. Taiwan is an island off China. Not IN China. You wouldn't say Triumph are French because Britain is an island off France.

Anyway. Roll on the 8th!

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Ah, thanks Stevew, that's one question answered. I will have to keep my eye out for them, I can't say I've ever seen one in this neck of the woods but it's usually only after you've got one that you notice others. :)
Going to look into accessibility for repairs and mpg figures.. 8-)
Just noticed my nearest dealer is either London or Devon... :?

Globs

Post by Globs »

Burgman1958 wrote:I thought you were saying..
Happens a lot these days, no worries.
My Avatar is my SYM GTS300 that I've ridden twice into France and once to Portugal and back.

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

What's whats the legroom like? I'm 32/33 inside leg, and took the seat cuhsion off my Burgman to get a comfy feet forward position.
Roger Barratt used to be Sym agents in Bournemouth but they downsized again last year, and they don't even have a shopfront anymore!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Doh! I think you're right. Funny I was in Barretts last Saturday morning with a mate. I must have walked right past a few Syms I think.. :oops:
Plenty of Royal Enfields etc. but I wasn't impressed by their customer focus to say the least. My friend was asking questions about one of the bikes and I was looking at the open face helmets on display. The sales persons at the counter answered without looking up and seemed totally disinterested. The Enfield Himalayan is due in so might go back and have a look. This time I'll be looking out for the Syms as well.. :D

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

The Enfield Himalayan is due in so might go back and have a look. This time I'll be looking out for the Syms as well.. :D[/quote]

I didn't know the Himalayan was coming to the UK, very interesting bike.

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Yes it's on their website, but just says "Due in soon". They don't give a date, so probably they don't even know when it's coming.
It' will be interesting to see. Some of the overseas forums report lots of quality problems with them which Royal Enfield India seem unwilling or unable to sort out. Some widely differing reports from domestic customers. Of course it could all be sorted by now since that was a while back. The idea of a basic and rugged two wheeler with practical features instead of fancy electronics does appeal. :)

Globs

Post by Globs »

Whatsisname wrote:What's whats the legroom like? I'm 32/33 inside leg, and took the seat cuhsion off my Burgman to get a comfy feet forward position.
Roger Barratt used to be Sym agents in Bournemouth but they downsized again last year, and they don't even have a shopfront anymore!
I'm 32" leg too.
I had to modify the removable seat squab on the 300 (replaced it with a home made one). Without that there is LOTs of room, with it - it's too small.
The Joyride that I also have seems a bit better for legroom with the standard seat, which is non modifiable.

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

As to a dealer I'm very lucky. There's one less than 3 miles from me. Highway Motorcycles in Wolverhampton.

Meldrew: I had an MZ ETZ250 in '83-'84. A great improvement on it's predecessor but still pretty basic but as you say rugged and practical.