Looking at the SYM 300i

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Re: Looking at the SYM 300i

Post by Sylar »

It is a joymax not Cruis, a look around it in the showroom and it seems genuine enough, it is black ,the colour I was after. All the dealers (I think all from the same group) have this model listed at 4999 so at 3999 price is about right, are my sheckles & guineas not worth more than plastic money Meldrew? What's a wallet?.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sylar wrote:It is a joymax not Cruis, a look around it in the showroom and it seems genuine enough, it is black ,the colour I was after. All the dealers (I think all from the same group) have this model listed at 4999 so at 3999 price is about right,.
I'd still haggle hard though!!! Its obviously been taking up showroom space for a long time....
Ask yourself how much the dealer would offer you for a 2 year old Joymax....answer: not a lot!!

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

I have a 2016 Joymax and it cost me £4299 in March that Year. I believe around summer 2016 it was up to £4599. The current price of £4999 is since 2017 I believe. Depending on when it was first reg'd you may not be saving a £1000, it's actually £599 or maybe even just £299 savings...
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

Although. it might not be a bargain pricewise, the main attraction is that I get a test ride, something I have not been able to arrange otherwise. The price is not a big deal for me reallly, and I will try to get a few extras , like heated grips etc. Drago if you have this bike how do you rate it? Bear in mind I ride all year round and will probably,even if using as a second bike, do three or four thousand miles a year.

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

Sylar wrote:Although. it might not be a bargain pricewise, the main attraction is that I get a test ride, something I have not been able to arrange otherwise. The price is not a big deal for me reallly, and I will try to get a few extras , like heated grips etc. Drago if you have this bike how do you rate it? Bear in mind I ride all year round and will probably,even if using as a second bike, do three or four thousand miles a year.
I quite like it, mid 80-90mpg, plenty of oomph for motorways. Can store all my gear under the seat, fog lights are handy in fog for extra visibility. Dash I feel looks nicer than the dull ones Japanese seem to love at the moment. Negatives being - fuel tank is a bit of a pain to get the last litre or so in due to the odd shape of the filler. Engine at full throttle on motorways when overtaking/travelling at near top speed has a tendency to fly over the redline (8000rpm & peak HP) causing the limiter to kick in. I have the 'sports' version. Blue, short black sport screen and no hump on seat. Nice in summer but in winter/rain more exposed to the elements, not an issue i'd guess with the 'normal' version. Stop start i barely use, only useful when at red lights were filtering is not possible.

Overall i'd highly reccommend, I've had several SYM's over the years and they've been reliable and parts are cheaper than the Japanese brands.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Thuis looks good for the cash ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SYM-GTS-300i ... SwbzxauhtD

Best Mark.

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

Many thanks Drago any info is welcome. I mainly ride on country lanes, as I like winding roads with plenty of bends, I always keep to speed limits so 50/60 mph are my normal traveling speeds. My test ride is booked for 5/4/18, looking forward to it.