My scooter has been stolen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Re: My scooter has been stolen

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Yes I would like to see these thieving scum hanged drawn and quartered but it isn't going to happen is it? But decent sentencing would at least help. Assuming the bastards are caught. Which they probably won't be.

Seems I was wrong about my insurance covering a loan 125. But I phoned the dealer where I bought my Maxsym and they had a Yamaha Majesty 250 in. 1998 but has only done 11400 miles. And going by the tax disc it hasn't been used for over three years. I had a test ride and it goes well. The panels are a bit rattly but this is understandable with a 20 year old bike. £1200. I will trade it in for a new one when the insurance is sorted out. Shouldn't lose much on it. In fact it is probably cheaper than hiring one. That is if I could. And I have one to tide me over. With a decent amount of power too. Better than the 125 I was expecting.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Burgman1958 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:42 am Yes I would like to see these thieving scum hanged drawn and quartered but it isn't going to happen is it? But decent sentencing would at least help. Assuming the bastards are caught. Which they probably won't be.
No chance IMO. The sooner these scrotes get the idea that they risk being pursued and knocked off by plod - whether wearing helmets or not - the sooner casual bike thievery will cease to be of epidemic proportions. Admittedly this will take a few of them to be killed or cabbaged, but that's not something I'm prepared to lose any sleep over.

Hope this miserable situation gets resolved quickly, and to your satisfaction :(

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

sorry to hear that mate :( hope its recovered soon all in one piece :(
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Did you get the get you buy Majesty 250.

Any news etc ?

Best Mark.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

XP500FUN wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:50 am Did you get the get you by Majesty 250........
:D

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Got it yesterday. Not what I'm used to, especially in performance. But it's fine. I'm at work now, and it's chained to a metal post with a thick chain and a big chunky padlock, with a cable lock and a disc lock on the front wheel. There is also a CCTV camera looking straight at it. Call me paranoid if you like, but no way is this one being taken by the low-lifes. Not if I can help it.

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

if they want it they don't give shit they take it because they know the cops do anything, sorry to say this you need to watch out over next two weeks,
we were parked up at Canterbury somebody noticed we were being eyed up so we chained as many bikes together as poss. i know you cannot do this but carry on with all the locks even if late for work.

Maxsymuppet

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Asking around I gather motorbike and scooter theft is becoming an epidemic. Every owner needs to use as many locks and other security devices as possible. There is of course no guaranteed way of avoiding becoming a victim but we all need to do as much as we can to inconvenience the low-life scum.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Does anyone know why the police are`nt bothered, if its not the £150 sweetener !!! thing. Know any police or have family who are etc.

I mentioned else where before I think my son was out with his baby girl on the seat on the back of his pushbike and parked and chained it up at Morrisons, it was all caught on CCTV, nice face close ups, full colour and clear etc.

The police did turn up 2 weeks later at Morrisons and take the recording, but then told my son they were not pursuing it as they used a different video format !!! than Morrisons !!!

Well anyone can sit down at a lap top, and use a free video file converter etc, they have loads of civilian staff even who could of, plus they can get in to all sorts of seriously encrypted stuff on iffy types systems etc etc.

There must be some reason for things like this not being pursued.

The dodgey types soon pick up when no ones bothered, gawd knows how many bikes he and probably others have had from there since !!!

Best Mark.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Makes my blood boil...
I don't think its always down to the police... they are limited on resources...
Its the bloody CPS - when the bastards are caught, its down to the CPS as to what action is taken... then they get a fine that the don't pay, community service that they don't do, or a suspended sentence... Needs some consistent custodial sentencing... none of this human rights shite - they wave that when they infringe others...