One Two Wheeler That Does Everything - Impossible! - X-ADV disappoints

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootypuff snr

Re: One Two Wheeler That Does Everything - Impossible! - X-ADV disappoints

Post by Scootypuff snr »

capitano wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:43 pm
Scootypuff snr wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:30 pm I seem to recall.the fireblade service being over a grand as it was a total strip for valve clearances but those who love the blade (& many do) feel its worth it
I have a mate with a Ducati Diavel. If he was charged just over a grand for any service, he'd be cock-a-hoop! :lol: £1500-£2000 so far for the first three ones after the 600 mile first one.

My mate with a Rocket 3 won't even tell me how much a service costs because it's too embarrassing. :lol:
ouch, & how many rear tyres has he ripped through :o

it was tyres alone which knocked it off my owning list I didn't even get as far as asking service costs

but I have always hankered after a rocket lll but now not in production S/H values have risen

gasgas
Current Ride: Sym 300i

Post by gasgas »

I test rode the RE Himalayan and thought it was very good in all respects. I specially liked the compass in the speedo console! I also sat on a demo RE classic thing, I forget the exact name, started the engine, all my fillings fell out so I stopped the engine and gave the keys back.
If the RE Himalayan had been available in anything other than black or 'white" (the tank only) I might have bought it. I much prefer a colourful bike, I want to open the garage door and go 'Ooh!' not 'Ugh'. If I had a Himalayan I would have to strip it and paint the frame and brake calipers red, and the tank and mudguards two tone with a gold stripe down the middle. I'm serious.
I tried to attach a photo of my MotoGuzzi which had these colours, from new, but it just said file too large.

Servicing costs - My Sym is £109 for the first few services - but then they are just change the engine oil and faff about checking everything that an owner should check anyway. When it comes to stripping the transmission and changing the Majick Bits inside I think the cost rises a bit.
Talking of which, is there somewhere on this forum that explains the CVT system of scooters? I've never had one before, I have stripped and rebuilt many an engine in my time but not these so I am keen to learn what goes on inside.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Took an x adv out for a testride the other day, plenty of grunt for me but still cramped and lardy, was gutted as it was a looker and got plenty of attention, think i just need an arse n spine swap as every style of bike cripples me now, going to take out a new Honda Monkey next, probably same outcome but seat is nice so that sorts 1 of the 2 problems out, although lack of power creates another, think the van van will go as it felt awful after the x adv it felt like a 50 moped.
Dezzie

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

bikerdezzie wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 am cramped and lardy, was gutted as it was a looker and got plenty of attention, think i just need an arse n spine swap as every style of bike cripples me now.
Try a Honda shadow or better still Suzuki intruder 800/1500. plenty of both around (look for floorboards models) and 3rd less in price than a Harley

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Hate cruisers, never liked them, hate the heavy front end, handling and knees around ya lug position, think i need something tall so i can take weight on my legs rather than my arse or spine, not working so stuck with the vanvan for now.
Dezzie