tmax 250

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Re: tmax 250

Post by tmaxrobbo »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:54 am
Greyerbeard wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:38 am
Meldrew wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:21 am Ah... the XMax 300, I looked at one on a 17 plate with only 2k miles on outside a dealers showroom yesterday and I was surprised how much the finish had corroded after just one winter. Paint was flaking off the exhaust and the metal connections on the rear brake line was rusty. Whether the corrosion was adown to the previous owners neglect, or simply Yamaha's poor finish I've no idea.
My TMax was much the same - a constant battle.
Don't get me started on Tmax Centrestands and the way they rust! On the mk6 I drowned mine in ACF50 and there's still a bit where the ACF50 has obviously got blasted off and its gone rusty. :evil:
I put Helicopter tape on my centre stand bar. ACF 50 first then the tape then 3 cable ties . I'll need to do it every now and again as water still gets under the tape and washes out the ACF 50 . Most bikes are the same . My BMW is worse if left alone and I use the tape on that as well . Used all year round and they still look good

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Re: tmax 250

Post by Pukmeister »

My 2011 Tmax only has corrosion to the brake line banjos and disk rotor mounting bolts, easily replaced.