Cheaper bikes for EU but not UK

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootypuff snr

Re: Cheaper bikes for EU but not UK

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Bern wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:10 am Hmmmmm, ice spikes on scooter tyres, very Death Race 2000
Making moped robbers play 'rollerball' & entering the fit into 'the running man' game show. They say hollywood mirriors real life :lol:

Bern

Post by Bern »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 am
Bern wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:10 am Hmmmmm, ice spikes on scooter tyres, very Death Race 2000
Making moped robbers play 'rollerball' :lol:
Using head as the 'gutter' ball stop ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

orange1290
Current Ride: XMAX 300

Post by orange1290 »

Portugal is fine, ever been there recently? Greece was a different case but the majority of the EU is economically very sound. In an economic bloc of 28 you can't expect every country to be no1 economically. Regarding Italy, yes lots of headlines but we go to Italy/Sicily regularly and people still have a nice life there. It's different to northern Europe culturally, people don't expect so many material assets and community is more a priority. This is something those from norther European cultures don't understand. The point I was trying to make was that there is a huge risk for the UK if they don't get a deal with the EU. The EU as a trading block of 500 million people will always be a market people will queue up to trade with and in doing so, will give very big incentives to secure a deal. Anyway, last comment on the subject as it's diverging from the forum's main discussion focus.
2017 XMAX 300
2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure T
1974 Kawasaki H1E
1972 Kawasaki H1B

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

orange1290 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:15 am Portugal is fine, ever been there recently? Greece was a different case but the majority of the EU is economically very sound. In an economic bloc of 28 you can't expect every country to be no1 economically. Regarding Italy, yes lots of headlines but we go to Italy/Sicily regularly and people still have a nice life there. It's different to northern Europe culturally, people don't expect so many material assets and community is more a priority. This is something those from norther European cultures don't understand. The point I was trying to make was that there is a huge risk for the UK if they don't get a deal with the EU. The EU as a trading block of 500 million people will always be a market people will queue up to trade with and in doing so, will give very big incentives to secure a deal. Anyway, last comment on the subject as it's diverging from the forum's main discussion focus.
Yes to Portugal have friends who go there for 6 months of our winter as costs are so cheap, hotels empty etc etc property rental for €400 per month.

Yes Northern Europeans aren't as friendly or sociable as the Mediterranean countries but Italy also huge declining rural populations and dying villages (same as France) because there's no employment or infrastructure and the young want proper jobs with proper incomes not work the land for crap money and no future unless it's subsidised.

Look how Macron is destroying rural France (typical banker) & the stop Macron stickers in rural locations

As for all nations can't be No 1 of course they can't the Germans wouldn't allow it & the U.K. obsession with buying German is shameful.

But hey we are getting political and I think politicians are all self absorbing, look after themselves lying fuck pigs no matter the colour they parade under & I wouldn't piss on the PM if she was on fire, she proved how two faced she was as Home Secretary.

So as you say last comment and for the record I'm anti Brexit but bottom line nobody knows how it will pan out the runaway train has left the station, we are all just hanging on let's hope the deadmans handle works rather a derailment.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Its a bit of a worry out here in the country for small farmers in the UK Post you know what.

They keep the country we especially enjoy what it is, and the cash to support them is only guaranteed until 2020 just a year after leaving.

You can stand in a valley here and see lots of these small farms just close too. It can`t be left to market forces etc.

Something that we all know is that if money were to be saved, well its not, but if it were, does anyone really believe it would be given back to ordinary people ?

Huge amounts of money that comes back this way for good things will stop and not be replaced too.

One things for sure if things go boobs up and its really looking that way, who will pay, those at the top or those at the bottom.

No need to even think about it, well all know.

The in and out thing with Lorries etc looks as if its going to be horrendous and full of charges and problems.

There simply must be a knock on effect with Bikes and scooters.

I have a friend in the south in the motor trade who recently went out of a very healthy before business, literally it was like a switch after the vote things started and went from there. And hes not alone.

Apparently around 440M a week is being lost to the UK as things stand before we even go and hit all of the obsticles.

Just the actual costs of changing so much so quickly are astromonical, and so will be the mistakes. Its just so complex and a huge, huge messy task.

I can see a contraction of bike shops etc and the 2nd hand market firming right up.

Best Mark.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

XP500FUN wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:58 am Its a bit of a worry out here in the country for small farmers in the UK Post you know what.

They keep the country we especially enjoy what it is, and the cash to support them is only guaranteed until 2020 just a year after leaving.

You can stand in a valley here and see lots of these small farms just close too. It can`t be left to market forces etc.

Something that we all know is that if money were to be saved, well its not, but if it were, does anyone really believe it would be given back to ordinary people ?

Huge amounts of money that comes back this way for good things will stop and not be replaced too.

One things for sure if things go boobs up and its really looking that way, who will pay, those at the top or those at the bottom.

No need to even think about it, well all know.

The in and out thing with Lorries etc looks as if its going to be horrendous and full of charges and problems.

There simply must be a knock on effect with Bikes and scooters.

I have a friend in the south in the motor trade who recently went out of a very healthy before business, literally it was like a switch after the vote things started and went from there. And hes not alone.

Apparently around 440M a week is being lost to the UK as things stand before we even go and hit all of the obsticles.

Just the actual costs of changing so much so quickly are astromonical, and so will be the mistakes. Its just so complex and a huge, huge messy task.

I can see a contraction of bike shops etc and the 2nd hand market firming right up.

Best Mark.
Thought I'd gone into the BBC forum for a moment then.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Bern

Post by Bern »

muddyfox wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:09 am Thought I'd gone into the BBC forum for a moment then.

:lol:

Bern

Post by Bern »

XP500FUN wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:58 am There simply must be a knock on effect with Bikes and scooters.
Absolutely definately agree with that bit bud, lets see who on just this forum has bought a bike since the national democratic vote (a mixture of new & s/h machines that spring to mind)...

halfabusa
scootypuff
snail
kayz1 (two)
horobags (several)
me
pikey
funky
zzg
murph
old limey

Commerce will continue bud, it's form may change but, it will continue. The best plan available when faced with the innevitable is to knuckle down & get on with it.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Well it affects all things, not just riders fun or bikes, the UK is leaking money by the week, and exports are down still further even with the very low £1.

And non of the real issue`s to compound that are even happening yet.

We`re all paying more for fuel each ride with oil being traded in dollars.

I wonder how much extra each week has been paid by motorists since the £1 tanked ? anyone know.

If a plan looks like its going to be a total dissaster regardless of good intentions etc do you still go with it or rethink it ?

I don`t think anyone realised or imagined the total mess that was going to be made of things.

At least we are getting a few nice sunny days in before the darker months and spring is not that far way.

Bern

Post by Bern »

XP500FUN wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:42 am Well it affects all things, not just riders fun or bikes,
yes but this is a scooter forum & as such is not concerned with all other things, there are plenty of forums related to that out there, for people to bleat on about things that have not yet happened, go join one of those & leave pollytic of here bud.