How camp are you ? Show us your tackle

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: How camp are you ? Show us your tackle

Post by Snail »

Blimey!! I only turned the tablet off for a couple of hours while we shared a Chinese with good friends, the thread gone from swapping tips and ideas on camping gear to a slanging match! I don't like falling out with people, turn the key and just move on life's too short, it's all about your own personal life choices and financial situation. For us we probably won't hang about here too long, we want to find more partners involved, can't think of anything worse than a bunch of blokes getting pissed up on a weekend away, but that's not saying it's wrong, just not our life choice

Not be looking back through this thread to refresh my mind now, HBMT we will have to meet up somewhere for a proper chat over a brew up in the wilds, as we seem to be the only ones thinking about next june?

I'll get me coat

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

These 2 photos sums up the style of are accommodation and the compassion we show to are injured fellow companions

:D
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Snail wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:50 am Blimey!! I only turned the tablet off for a couple of hours while we shared a Chinese with good friends, the thread gone from swapping tips and ideas on camping gear to a slanging match! I don't like falling out with people, turn the key and just move on life's too short, it's all about your own personal life choices and financial situation. For us we probably won't hang about here too long, we want to find more partners involved, can't think of anything worse than a bunch of blokes getting pissed up on a weekend away, but that's not saying it's wrong, just not our life choice

Not be looking back through this thread to refresh my mind now, HBMT we will have to meet up somewhere for a proper chat over a brew up in the wilds, as we seem to be the only ones thinking about next june?

I'll get me coat
Short notice Snail but Pikey might be coming to the Classic & Coffee in Redditch around 10am. Only a 30 minute trip for you and lots of nice cars, a few bikes and bacon sarnies. If Pikey doesn't show, I'll be there and my mate Andy with his shiny Metro.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I mind don't Meldrew giving his opinion its more that only his opinion is right .As for saying take a cheap flight as its cheaper goes against what touring is about seeing every thing in between .As for what Bern things I'll do or not do well all I can say is well nothing really .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Right let's give my tuppence worth

fuck it, I'll just add to my foe list instead admin can pick the bones out of the rest.

We can all post about the good old days, I've experienced things most folk will never know exist and hope they never will.

But for me lifes right here right now

So lets cut to the important shit

Andy is coming in his metro, I'd have ridden up to see that as I have fond memories driving a BL built (hang on lamp swinging again )

Deleted User 7077

Metro was nice you missed a treat

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I rather enjoy Meldrew giving his opinion here, plus the usual quips n wisdom from the usual suspects in no order(!) - Mr Grumps, Lyn, Blue Bottle,Horobags, Data, Scooty etc etc; you know who you lot are - the long term posters et al. Who says Meldrew's opinion is right, he makes some cracking points?! I have opinions but I won't cherish them and don't think they're right nor wrong - 'opinions is opinions innit'?

I'm not enamoured with the more recently arrived Gobshites, err.... members, who seem to just wanna spout and 'up' their post totals - there have been and are a few here. Cripes, I consider myself to be a recent-ish forum member here.

Anyway, keep it up everyone, I love it here!

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

members, who seem to just wanna spout

Is that different to offering their opinions?

Deleted User 7077

To post or not to post that is the question.
Is it better to say nothing keep your head below the parapet or suffer the slings and arrows of criticism .

Saw sign for Stafford upon Avon today so bit of culture there .

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

You're correct rayb - what I should have written is '.....to just wanna spout for the sake of it or excessively....'.