2019 Honda Super Cub 125cc

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: 2019 Honda Super Cub 125cc

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Just watched video on the monkey bike on 44 teeth need to rip that to pieces next about same money but they think its a bargain :lol: :lol: :lol:

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:34 pm Just watched video on the monkey bike on 44 teeth need to rip that to pieces next about same money but they think its a bargain :lol: :lol: :lol:
What you have to do is apply a little perspective. If you are a Monkey Bike fan, spending a lot of cash on your chosen hobby, you may well have wished that Honda would release a new Monkey bike.

You know, one with a 4 speed 125 fuel injected motor, and styling that apes (pun intended) the Monkeys of old.

Lo, and behold, they do, it's Japanese-built-Honda-quality and it's less than £3.5k. Som Serious monkey folks might spend that rebuilding a motor with Takegawa parts.

Applying that perspective, it's a bargain. 8-)

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:36 am I don't think I've ever seen one of these archetypal short back n' sides bearded hipster types anywhere near a motorcycle, let alone this new Honda Super Cub. The sole exceptions being the Brylcreemed beardy blokes modelling bike gear in the pages of a Motolegends catalogue.
My mate Rors runs the Cafe Racer shop in West Sussex. His clientele are very similar to that of Motolegends. I know two of his clientele really well as one is the Son, and one the Son-in-law of one of my old riding buddies.

The guys fit the physical perspective well. Early 30s, big beards, lumberjack shirts, Rokker jeans, metalflake, open-faced lids etc.

However, these two guys and their mates put a lot of time and effort into their bikes, even if they aren't particularly my taste. They also do a sh**load of miles, across all seasons, on bikes with no front mudguards and frankly un-ergonomic riding positions. It's easy to dismiss them as stereotypes as in, "only ride it twice a year, and then only to the nearest trendy bar," but the reality is somewhat different.

They like my Cub by the way but I can't see any of them being the target market for the C125. A cut-down 6V cub with a 160cc motor, knobbly tyres and a diamond-stitched seat made from a skateboard, maybe, but not an off-the-shelf new Honda. 8-)

Argyll
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH300i

Post by Argyll »

The Cub has certainly had plenty of hype, so much so that I expected the price to be closer to 4 grand. If you pick up a pre-reg for under 3 grand then it almost comes into PCX territory, albeit quite a bit slower and less practical. However, it certainly is a thing of beauty and very tempting but I just wouldn't feel safe on anything that can't do 60mph. Maybe it's different in the leafy lanes of Buckinghamshire (etc) but up here on the west coast I have to use A roads to get anywhere.

Deleted User 7077

I don't think either cub or monkey are way overpriced if really want one people will pay the premium.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Argyll wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:11 pm I just wouldn't feel safe on anything that can't do 60mph. Maybe it's different in the leafy lanes of Buckinghamshire (etc) but up here on the west coast I have to use A roads to get anywhere.
I use my '92 C90 on the M23 and M25. Not every day, but enough to know that it isn't a problem. Stick in the left lane, and you rarely get a close pass.

In fact the closest call I've had was a dick on a Fireblade who decided to undertake a line of cars using the left lane and assumed that I'd seen him and would take avoiding action.

The biggest problem is that fast roads don't mean faster progress on a bike that does 50mph maximum. :lol:

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:34 pm Just watched video on the monkey bike on 44 teeth need to rip that to pieces next about same money but they think its a bargain :lol: :lol: :lol:

That pair of C**** would.
Anybody who can pay a €4000 fine on the spot for speeding ain't going to sweat a new monkey purchase

Deleted User 7077

You can win one by clicking link on their video .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

He was a nob as Baron Von Grumble won't waste my life boosting his viewing scores

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

horobags wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:43 am Ive just been looking on ebay and dobles have a ex demo at a reasonable price, I'm not saying I wouldn't buy one, I think I was just expecting more, rear pegs/seat, sidestand ect.Its a nice looking bike, but when you can still by a new Sym Symba for half the price, the attraction fades. :|
So you're definitely having one then. :lol: Dogsbody