Riding in March !!!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bern

Re: Riding in March !!!

Post by Bern »

Very heavy frost this morning, guess that the budding magnolia's are not going to get to bloom :(

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

It's lovely at back of the house sun on conservatory having a coffee sitting here in my Vespa St Tropez polo shirt .Around front where scooter is cold wind cuts thro ya.When sun comes around to front I'll take door card off my Talbot Express see if can free up winder mechanism .Got new winders coming tomorrow from Coastal Motorhomes .Recomend them for all things Talbot .

I've put bin out as well

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Very windy again. Was going for a ride but decided against it.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Just back from a shopping trip to Worcester, including tea and sausage roll in Greggs. The lady in Poundland asked "Would you like a bag for life?" To which I replied, "I'd like a life!"

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Life of Riley you have Ray :lol: :lol:
Just started the Burgman up and Talbot door now in the sun .Still bitter wind tho .Wife back in a bit got cups with tea bags ready and kettle topped up .She'll be happy email from her sister another show date at the Grand in Wolverhampton.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Took the scooter for MOT today. 53 mile detour on way home. Sunny but a bitterly cold wind.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

muddyfox wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:34 am 53 mile detour on way home. Sunny but a bitterly cold wind.
I'll second that.

Took the pizza bike for another bimble around the local back lanes & visited a few churches one having a wooden bell tower for top 2/3rds (16th century rebuild of a 14th century, allegedly)

Popped into Co-op for some bread and soup realised I couldn't feel my ears :o

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Well, It's nice to know that everyone has managed to get out on their scoots n bikes. Funnily enough, the weather changed favourably yesterday (Sunday), with warm sunshine and very strong winds from the West(ish). So........ I decided to make a dash for a 'secret spot' on my scoot with a mate on his bike somewhere over the Tamar Bridge, Cornwall. Struggled a bit into the wind on me Nmax, coffee and sunshine at the 'spot' and got bloody blown home!!

So, result for a lot of us yesterday. Today in Plymouth has been gorgeous with the wind slackening - so e-biked to work. (Am I allowed to mention riding an ebike on a scooter forum :roll: !?)

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Glad to see you're not identifying the secret spot. We don't want every tosspot turning up there :)

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

rayb wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:37 pm Glad to see you're not identifying the secret spot. We don't want every tosspot turning up there :)
icon_funky-dance.gif Ah ha! That's the problem with t'internet - everyone posting photos revealing all - nothing out there is fekin sacred and every bugger else turns up!