Royal Alloy gt300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Royal Alloy gt300

Post by Data »

capitano wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:08 am
Data wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:10 pm The Sinnis uses a Suzuki 125 motor built in China at the same factory as Yamaha, Suzuki and BMW bikes. Their HQ is in Bournemouth
Just a couple of amendments. I wouldn't normally bother, but if you are looking after the bike in future, they may help.

The Terrain uses the ZS125 motor, the same as the Sinnis Hoodlum and Akuma models. The ZS125 is based upon a Yamaha YBR125. It isn't exactly the same. The Sinnis Apache and Blade use the Suzuki GS125 based motor that is virtually identical to the Suzuki one. Might help if you are looking for information for servicing.

The headquarters are in Portslade, near to Brighton on the coast. It's a couple of miles from my house.

8-)
Thanks Capitano. Yes that's useful info alright. He's got a manual with it for servicing the bike and a full parts list. Spoke to him last night, he's actually got a few more miles on it than I thought with over 15,000 miles on it in just 2 years. So far no issues. It's just about out of warranty now so it's going in for a service next week, and the next service after that I'll be doing for the price of a pint! In spite of the bike being used in all weathers it's got no rust anywhere. He cleans it once a week religiously though using the sort of chemicals I use on my Vespa. He gives it a proper detail clean and enjoys doing it. Kinda looks brand new still. Motor runs as sweet as a nut, uses no oil and doesn't rattle. Only gets around 90mpg though which for some reason worries him. Thinks he should get much more, but I said nah! He cruises around 55mph most of the time and it's a very big bike for a 125. Almost the same size as a Vstrom 250 I'm guessing. It is extremely comfortable even for a 6.2" bloke like me and I don't look a twit sitting on it.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Data wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:56 am Spoke to him last night, he's actually got a few more miles on it than I thought with over 15,000 miles on it in just 2 years. So far no issues. I In spite of the bike being used in all weathers it's got no rust anywhere.
Maybe I should swap the Tmaxs for one! Some minor bits of the Tmax rust far too easily, and the centrestand is turning crappy, despite my efforts with ACF50!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

To be honest, you could do worse Grumpy! I've even been thinking I'd like one myself. But then the Vespa is my pride and joy even after 3 years, and that doesn't have any rust either, although the centre stand will likely need to come off this summer for a rub down and respray. It's a common issue on all bikes really no matter what you do to protect them. They are after all out in the thick of it regarding road spray and stone chips etc.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...